TJ Maxx (part of TJX)
Headquarters in USA
USA: Business Must Act Coalition calls on 29 companies to prohibit guns in their stores & invest in community safety
The Business Must Act Coalition, comprised of 26 civil society groups, believes that American businesses have a civic responsibility to keep their customers and employees safe from gun violence in the absence of US government action on gun reform. In...
Author: T.J. Maxx
Thank you for reaching out and providing us the opportunity to comment on our D grade. We care deeply about the safety of our Associates and customers. Associate and customer safety is, and always will be, a top priority. We do not sell firearms or...
- Related stories: USA: Business Must Act Coalition calls on 29 companies to prohibit guns in their stores & invest in community safety
- This is a response from the following companies: TJ Maxx (part of TJX)
USA: Wage theft common practice in "Made in the USA" garments manufacturing due to legal loophole & brands business models
Photo by Ed Crisostomo, Orange County Register/SCNG
Author: Jessie Kornberg, Bet Tzedek, on Los Angeles Times (USA)
...the U.S. Department of Labor released a bombshell report that might make you suspicious of clothing that’s “Made in the USA.” After a three-year comprehensive study, the Labor Department confirmed what workers’ rights advocates like me have long...
- Related stories: USA: Garments 'Made in the USA' for less than the minimum wage
- Related companies: Forever 21 Ross Stores TJ Maxx (part of TJX) TJX
Author: Margot Roosevelt, Orange County Register (US)
…Earlier this month, U.S. Labor Department officials cited three multibillion-dollar retailers, with thousands of stores nationwide, as the worst offenders in setting prices that drive illegal wage theft: Ross, T.J. Maxx and Forever 21…Ruben Rosalez,...
Author: Michelle Russell, just-style
"California sweatshop a persistent problem", 21 Nov 2016...
Author: Natalie Kitroeff, Los Angeles Times (US)
It can be hard to ignore the lure of Forever 21, where fall jackets go for $18 and a halter dress can be had for $9. But U.S. Labor Department investigators contend that those deals are costly for people like Pedro Montiel, who said he makes $4.50 an...
This report is an evaluation of the efforts made by jewelers towards responsible sourcing of precious metals. It is based on responses to a survey sent to the jewelers that had signed on to the Golden Rules by mid-February 2009 and to other large...
- Related stories: Report evaluates jewelers progress in promoting socially and environmentally responsible mining – 60 firms endorse principles for ethical sourcing
- Related in-depth areas: Recent NGO reports
- Related companies: Aber Diamond Amazon.com Anglo American Berkshire Hathaway Boucheron (part of Gucci) Brilliant Earth Carlyle Group Cartier (part of Richemont) Commemorative Brands (part of American Achievement) Costco Cred Jewellery Finlay Fine Jewelry Fred Meyer Jewelers (part of Kroger) Harry Winston (part of Aber Diamond) Helzberg Diamonds (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Herff Jones J.C. Penney Jostens Kohl's Kroger Leber Jeweler Liberty Media Macy's Meijer Neiman Marcus Piaget (part of Richemont) PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) QVC (part of Liberty Media) Richemont Saks Fifth Avenue (part of Hudson's Bay) Sears Signet Target Tiffany TJ Maxx (part of TJX) TJX Van Cleef & Arpels (part of Richemont) Walmart Zale (part of Signet)