Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH)
Headquarters in USA
PVH acquired Tommy Hilfiger in March 2010.
[PDF] Bonded (child) labour in the South Indian Garment Industry: An Update of Debate and Action on the ‘Sumangali Scheme’
Author: SOMO / India Committee of the Netherlands
…[T]he Centre for Research on Multinational Corporations (SOMO) and the India Committee of the Netherlands (ICN)… published two major reports [‘Captured by Cotton’, 2011 and ‘Maid in India’, 2012] documenting the exploitation of Dalit girls in the...
- Related stories: India: Follow-up report on exploitation of child workers and Dalit children exposes lack of action by intl. clothing brands
- Related in-depth areas: Alleged abuses Case examples Latest news on Children
- Related companies: American Eagle Outfitters Associated British Foods Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Diesel Eastman Exports Gap Inditex Marks & Spencer Mothercare Next Polo Ralph Lauren Primark (part of Associated British Foods) PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Quicksilver Tesco Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Zara (part of Inditex)
Author: Julfikar Ali Manik and Vikas Bajaj, New York Times
A labor activist who was arrested two years ago for his role in protests against low wages in Bangladesh’s garment industry was found murdered outside this city last week, labor rights advocates and the police said on Monday. The killing of the...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Labour rights advocate Aminul Islam found dead - family say he was tortured
- Related companies: H&M PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Walmart
Author: Humphrey Hawksley, BBC News Channel
Globalisation has brought the world's goods to the west. But how can rich consumers be sure they are buying food and clothing manufactured without harming workers - especially children? Humphrey Hawksley reports. [Transcript:] We told several big UK...
Author: Brian Ross, Matthew Mosk, Cindy Galli, ABC News
The agreement makes PVH [Phillips-Van Heusen] the first brand to agree to impose fire safety standards on the factories where its clothes are made, and help pay for an independent inspector to "design and implement a fire safety inspection program...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Agreement reached with Phillips-Van Heusen on safety in garment factories
- Related companies: Gap Kohl's PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH)
Author: Laure Marchand, Le Figaro [France]
Yilmaz et Mehmetça sont atteints de la silicose, une maladie pulmonaire incurable répandue chez les mineurs de fond. Les deux jeunes hommes l'ont contractée en travaillant dans un des innombrables ateliers de textile de la métropole turque, qui étaient...
Author: Cividep-India & SOMO
This study...focuses on working conditions and corporate social responsibility in the Bangalore garment industry...data were collected from eighty garment workers in three industrial areas of Bangalore...This study contains the profiles of factories...
This report, the culmination of a three-year investigation…documents how blind consumption of cattle products by the Blue Chip corporations behind reputable global brands is fuelling Amazon deforestation and climate change…Trade data also reveal trade...
- Related stories: Brazil: Greenpeace report on cattle sector raises concerns including forced labour, deforestation causing climate change
- Related companies: adidas ASDA (part of Walmart) Bertin BMW Burger King Carrefour Clarks Colgate-Palmolive Ford Gucci (part of Kering) Honda Hugo Boss IKEA Independencia JBS Johnson & Johnson Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) LVMH Marfrig Alimentos Marks & Spencer Morrisons Nike Northern Foods Prada Reebok (part of adidas) Sainsbury's SNCF (Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer) Tesco Timberland (part of VF Corp) Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Toyota Unilever Walmart
Author: Alliance to Stop Slavery and End Trafficking & CALL+RESPONSE
[The Chain store reaction project is an open letter asking companies to investigate labour abuses in their production chains. Webpage indicates how many emails sent to each company, and which are responding]. [refers to American Apparel, Audi, A...
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch Adobe Systems American Apparel Audi (part of Volkswagen) Banana Republic (part of Gap) Benetton Berkshire Hathaway Bosch Burberry Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Cisco Systems Converse (part of Nike) Dell Diesel Donna Karan Eddie Bauer Fiat (part of Fiat Chrysler) Fila Ford Fruit of the Loom (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Gap Genentech General Motors Giorgio Armani Gucci (part of Kering) Guess H&M Heineken Hollister (part of Abercrombie & Fitch) HP (Hewlett-Packard) Hugo Boss Juniper Networks Kenneth Cole Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Limited Brands Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Mazda Microsoft Motorola Nike Nikon (part of Mitsubishi Group) Perry Ellis International Pierre Cardin Polo Ralph Lauren Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Quicksilver Saab Automobile (part of Swedish Automobiles) Sean John Clothing Suzuki Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Victoria's Secret (part of Limited Brands) Volvo Car (part of Geely) Wrangler (part of VF Corp)
Author: Boby Kurian & Arun Iyer, Economic Times [India]
...Influential global NGOs and trade unions are now attacking India’s apparel export industry...Global biggies like Tommy Hilfiger, Levi’s, Ann Taylor and Mexx have snapped sourcing ties with Bangalore-based Fibres & Fabrics International (FFI)...