Tongling Nonferrous Metals
Headquarters in China
“41 shuar son investigados por la toma del campamento de la empresa minera en Morona Santiago”...
Ecuador: Indigenous peoples & peasants defend water & land rights from impacts of foreign-owned mining projects
In view of the violent response to indigenous peoples who occupied lands under dispute, the indigenous confederation CONAIE and NGOs defending the rights of nature call for the protection of indigenous families displaced by force who decided to return...
Author: Nelly Luna, Diálogo Chino
“El factor chino en las elecciones presidenciales de Perú”...
Ecuador: NGOs allege forced eviction of communities to make room for Chinese mining project Mirador, of Ecuacorriente
NGOs document forced evictions in May and September 2015, preceded by the killing in 2014 of a Shuar indigenous leader opposing Chinese mining project “Mirador”, owned by Ecuacorriente (part of Corriente Resources, which is part of China Railway...
Report: "Going out, but going green?" Assessing the Implementation of China's Green Credit Guidelines overseas
Author: Friends of Earth & BankTrack
This study presents seven case studies of Chinese bank financing for overseas investments: China Development Bank’s financing of the Stanari coal project in Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Golden Veroleum palm oil plantation in Liberia and APP in Indonesia...
- Related stories: "Going Out, But Going Green? Assessing the Implementation of China's Green Credit Guidelines overseas"
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Bank of China China Construction Bank China Development Bank China Merchants Bank China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Railway Construction Dongfang Electric Petroecuador Sinar Mas Group Sinohydro Sinopec Tongling Nonferrous Metals
This report aims at exploring contemporary mining conflicts in the context of the sustainable development and environmental justice...[T]he project and type of conflict are characterized in a nutshell, with some basic factual background that describe...
- Related stories: EJOLT report explores mining conflicts in context of sustainable development & environmental justice
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti Antofagasta Barrick Gold China Railway Construction Codelco Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Copper Mesa Mining Corriente Resources (joint venture Tongling Nonferrous Metals, China Railway Construction Corporation & CRCC-Tongguan Investment) Dundee Precious Metals DuPont Eco Oro Minerals (formerly Greystar Resources) Ecuacorriente (part of Corriente Resources) Entre Mares (part of Goldcorp) Enusa Glamis Gold (part of Goldcorp) Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) Greystar Resources Grupo México Inmet Mining Marubeni Meridian Gold Minera San Xavier (part of New Gold) Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi Materials (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsui Montana Exploradora (part of Goldcorp) New Gold Newmont Goldcorp Nippon Mining Orano (formerly Areva) Pacific Rim Mining Paladin Energy Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Rio Tinto Rössing Uranium Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Tongling Nonferrous Metals Yamana Gold
Author: Environmental Justice Organisations, Liability and Trade, EJOLT
…[On] March 5th 2012, a group of women…occupied for a few hours the Chinese Embassy in Quito, to reject the signing of a mining contract between the Ecuadorean State and the Chinese company ECSA (EcuaCorriente) [part of Corriente Resources]…Inside the...
- Related stories: Ecuador: Policía reprime protestas contra primer proyecto de minería a gran escala firmado entre el gobierno y EcuaCorriente, ECSA
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Environmental issues Extractives, including oil and mines Latest news on conflict & peace Latin American region
- Related companies: Tongling Nonferrous Metals