Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in France
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
(click here for an explanation)
Oil and Human Rights - Environmental and Human Rights Impacts of the ONG Industry [oil & natural gas industry]
Author: Ayesha Dias, Bureau for Development Policy (Democratic Governance) UNDP
...every stage of [the oil & natural gas sector] activity, from exploration exploitation, refining, manufacturing, storage, transportation and fuel use is fraught with environmental and social consequences – local, regional and global...The...
- Related stories: Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Show moreShow less
- Related companies: BP Chevron Citigroup ExxonMobil Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) PetroChina Shell Statoil Talisman Texaco (part of Chevron) Total Unocal (part of Chevron)
Author: Frans van der Woerd, David Levy & Katie Begg (eds.), Greener Management International: The Journal of Corporate Environmental Strategy and Practice (no. 39)
includes chapters on: "An Overview of Corporate Strategies" [refers to BP, Lafarge, General Motors, DuPont, Boeing, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Intel, Shell, United Technologies, Whirlpool, Deutsche Telekom, Gerling Group, Munich Re, Ford, Coca-Cola, Alcan,...
- Related companies: AIG Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) American Electric Power Bank of America Baxter International Boeing BP Chase (part of JPMorgan Chase) Chevron Chugoku Electric Power Coca-Cola Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom DuPont Electrabel Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Entergy ExxonMobil Ford Fortum Gaz de France (part of GDF Suez) General Motors Gerling Group IBM ING Intel International Paper Johnson & Johnson Lafarge MeadWestvaco Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Motorola Munich Re Nike Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) Ontario Power Generation (OPG) Pechiney (part of Rio Tinto) Rabobank RWE Shell Shikoku Electric Power ST Microelectronics Statoil Stora Enso Suncor Swiss Re Temple-Inland Tohoku Electric Power Total TransAlta UBS United Technologies Whirlpool
Deconstructing Engagement: Corporate Self-Regulation in Conflict Zones – Implications for Human Rights and Canadian Public Policy
Author: Georgette Gagnon, independent human rights consultant; Audrey Macklin, University of Toronto; Penelope Simons, University of Toronto
This paper examines the existing governance gap in the accountability of TNCs for violations of international human rights and humanitarian law associated with their extraterritorial operations. It assesses the adequacy of efforts at self-regulation...
Author: Environment News Service
Nineteen polluters will together pay a total of $3 million to compensate the state of New Jersey and East Hanover Township for contamination of the local drinking water supply...The settling parties are: Voltronics Corporation; G & F Management;...
Four out of five refineries and chemical plants in the Texas town of Port Arthur are under investigation by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality...The plants being investigated are owned by Premcor Inc, ChevronTexaco Corp. , BASF Corp. and...
Four out of five refineries and chemical plants in the Texas town of Port Arthur are under investigation by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality...The plants being investigated are owned by Premcor Inc, ChevronTexaco Corp., BASF Corp. and...
Author: Fédération Internationale des Droits de l'Homme
Une plainte avec constitution de partie civile vient d'être déposée en France par deux ressortissants birmans contre des responsables des sociétés TOTALFINAELF SA et sa filiale birmane TEPM [TotalFinaElf E & P Myanmar], pour séquestration dans le...
- Related stories: France: Ancien dirigeant de Total Birmanie devant la justice - accusations de travail forcé
- Related companies: Total
Author: AFX News
Four refugees from Myanmar are seeking to take legal action in Belgium against TotalFinaElf for alleged complicity with Myanmar's military regime, human rights advocates said
- Related stories: TotalFinaElf faces lawsuit in Belgium for alleged complicity with Burma's military regime
- Related companies: Total
Author: UN Wire
...Human Rights Watch called on the council to push the Angolan government to disclose data about its $3.18 billion in oil revenue, which it says could improve governance and the human rights situation.