UN Treaty on Business & Human Rights "Zero Draft" Negotiations Day 2
Author: ECCJ (Belgium), Published on: 17 October 2018
[On Tuesday 16 November 2018 in Geneva, during the open-ended intergovernmental working group for the elaboration of a proposed business and human rights treaty, the second day of the fourth session saw:]
- EU delegation meeting civil society…
- Side event [organised by the Center for Research on Multinational Corporations (SOMO) was] cancelled due to…EU member states’ reluctance to exchange on this topic…
- [The hottest topic on the table remains why the binding treaty only includes transnational…corporations in its scope.]
- Affected communities speak up…on how to ensure real access to justice.
- [The Chair Rapporteur] takes French duty of vigilance law as a good example [and] experts exchange on what due diligence means.