Headquarters in USA
USA: President Trump disbands business councils as top executives of 3M, Campbell Soup, Johnson & Johnson & United Technologies resign
"Business councils disband over Trump remarks." ...
Merck, Intel, Under Armour, Alliance for American Manufacturing & AFL-CIO resign from manufacturing council following President Trump's response to white supremacist violence in Charlottesville
Five members of the American Manufacturing Council resigned following President Trump's failure to quickly condemn racism and violence by white supremacists at a rally in Charlottesville. The rally was organised to protest the planned removal of a...
USA: UPS, Nestlé & Microsoft among govt. contractors questioned on human rights due diligence following involvement in travel ban restrictions
Author: NomoGaia (USA)
“Companies are Helping the US Government Keep Travelers Out: Is it Rights-Respectful?”, 17 Mar 2017...
- Related stories: Trump's second travel ban - how is business responding?
- Related companies: AT&T BAE Systems Bechtel CACI General Dynamics HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM L-3 Communications McKesson Microsoft Nestlé Northrop Grumman PAE (see Pacific Architects and Engineers) Raytheon Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) Sprint United Technologies UPS Verizon
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Oxfam publishes new report on tax avoidance practices of US corporate giants & calls on govt. to ensure firms pay fair share of taxes
Author: Mary Mazzoni, TriplePundit
Climate Counts and the Center for Sustainable Organizations just released what they call the “world’s first” science-based company rankings,...[assessing] the emissions performance of 100 companies from 2005 to 2012 within the context of climate...
- Related stories: Study finds over half of global companies surveyed are emitting "unsustainable" levels of carbon
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Amazon.com Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Anheuser-Busch InBev AstraZeneca Avon Bank of America BASF Baxter International Bayer BMW BP Bristol-Myers Squibb BT Canon Cemex Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Clorox Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive ConAgra Danone Dell Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom Diageo Dow Chemical Electrolux Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Ericsson ExxonMobil Ford Fuji Photo Film Gap General Electric General Mills General Motors H&M Halliburton Hasbro Heineken Herman Miller Hess Corporation Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Hyundai Group IBM Intel International Paper Johnson & Johnson Kellogg's Kimberly-Clark Kraft Foods L'Oreal Lexmark Limited Brands Marks & Spencer Marriott Merck Microsoft Molson Coors Nestlé News Corporation Nippon Steel Nokia Novartis Office Depot Panasonic PepsiCo Pfizer Praxair Procter & Gamble Reckitt Benckiser Royal Bank of Scotland SABMiller Samsung Sharp Sherwin-Williams Siemens Sony State Street Target Tesco Toshiba Toyota Unilever United Technologies UPS Verizon Volkswagen Volvo Group Walmart Wells Fargo Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool
Author: Human Rights Campaign
This year, an historic 304 major businesses…scored 100 percent on HRC’s Corporate Equality Index and the coveted distinction of “Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality.” These companies adopted a full framework of LGBT inclusion in the workplace,...
- Related stories: USA: Human Rights Campaign releases ranking of “best places to work for LGBT equality”
- Related companies: 3M Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Acerinox Aetna AIG Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Alcoa Alston & Bird AMC Networks American Airlines American Eagle Outfitters American Express Ameriprise Financial Apple Arent Fox Arnold & Porter AT&T Automatic Data Processing Avon AXA Bain & Company Baker & McKenzie Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barclays Barnes & Noble BASF Best Buy Bingham McCutchen BlackRock Blue Cross BNP Paribas BNY Mellon Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Bristol-Myers Squibb Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Cargill Charles Schwab Chevron Chrysler Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems Citigroup Clifford Chance Clorox Coca-Cola Comcast Corning Covington & Burling Credit Suisse Cummins Danaher Darden Restaurants Dechert Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom Diageo DLA Piper Dorsey & Whitney Dow Chemical DuPont Eastman Kodak eBay Ecolab Edison International Electronic Arts EMC EY (Ernst & Young) Faegre & Benson Fenwick & West Ford Freddie Mac GameStop Gap Genentech General Electric General Mills General Motors Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher Giorgio Armani GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) Hartford Financial Services Herman Miller Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hyatt IBM Intuit Jenner & Block Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente Kellogg KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Land O'Lakes Leo Burnett (part of Publicis) Levi Strauss Lexmark Limited Brands Littler Mendelson Lockheed Martin Marriott Marsh & McLennan MasterCard McDermott Will & Emery McKesson McKinsey Medtronic Merck Metlife MGM Resorts Microsoft Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Moody's Morgan Stanley Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Morrison & Foerster Nationwide Mutual Insurance Nielsen Nike Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Northern Trust Novartis Office Depot Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Owens Corning PepsiCo Pfizer Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman PNC Financial Services PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Publicis Qualcomm Raytheon Replacements Ltd. Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Rockwell Automation Salesforce.com SAP Sears Sempra Energy Sidley Austin Brown & Wood Sodexo Sony Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Sprint Staples Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels Sun Life Financial SunTrust Banks Symantec T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Tech Data Thomson Reuters Time Warner Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota UBS Unilever Union Bank of California United Continental United Technologies UnitedHealth Group US Bancorp Verizon Viacom Volkswagen Walgreen Walt Disney Wells Fargo Whirlpool White & Case Wyndham Xerox Yahoo!
United Technologies did not respond to: Global Witness issues new call for more companies to clarify positions on conflict minerals lawsuit.
- Related in-depth areas: Company responses re lawsuit against SEC over final rule accompanying section 1502 of Dodd-Frank Act
- This is a non response from the following companies: United Technologies