USA: Launch of "Just 100 List"
In November 2016, JUST Capital and Forbes released the inaugural “JUST 100 List,” which "ranks the publicly traded companies in America that perform best on the priorities of the American public."
The "Just Explorer" enables comparison of the data behind the findings, by sector.
All components of this story
Author: Thomas Heath, Washington Post
Pay, benefits and how well companies respect their employees are the biggest concerns for most American workers, according to a list of companies released Wednesday by Forbes Media based on research conducted by JUST Capital, a nonprofit chaired by hedge fund mogul Paul Tudor Jones II.
Martin Whittaker, the chief executive of JUST Capital...said.."The number one issue, by far, across all demographic groups is paying a fair wage,” Whittaker said in a telephone interview Wednesday. “That was the number one thing — no matter how much money you made, no matter how you vote, no matter how old you are.”...
- Related stories: USA: Launch of "Just 100 List"
Press release: Just Capital and Forbes release inaugural "Just 100 List" ranking companies performing best on American public's priorities
Author: Just Capital and Forbes
JUST Capital and Forbes today released the inaugural “JUST 100 List,” which ranks the publicly traded companies in America that perform best on the priorities of the American public. This is the first-ever annual ranking of how America’s top companies perform on the issues Americans care most about. The rankings are based on one of the largest surveys ever conducted on attitudes towards corporate behavior, involving 50,000 Americans over the last 18 months. This year’s list ranks U.S companies against their peers within 32 major industries. In future years, Forbes and JUST Capital will rank companies across industries.
For the complete list and more, visit: forbes.com/just100. The inaugural JUST 100 ranking of America’s most just companies will appear in Forbesmagazine’s December 20 “Impact and Philanthropy” issue...
The 2016 most just companies in America within 32 major industries are (in alphabetical order by industry):
● Aerospace & Defense: Rockwell Collins
● Automobile & Components: Ford Motor
● Banks: SVB Financial
● Capital Goods: Fluor
● Capital Markets: Legg Mason
● Chemicals: Eastman Chemical
● Commercial & Professional Services: Verisk Analytics
● Consumer & Diversified Finance: American Express
● Consumer Durables & Apparel: Whirlpool
● Consumer Services: Marriott International
● Energy Equipment & Services: Oceaneering International
● Food & Staples Retailing: Sysco
● Food, Beverage, & Tobacco: PepsiCo
● Healthcare Equipment & Services: Varian Medical Systems
● Healthcare Providers & Services: Humana
● Household & Personal Products: Colgate-Palmolive
● Insurance: XL Group
● Internet Software & Services: Alphabet
● Information Technology Services: Accenture
● Machinery: Cummins
● Materials: Freeport-McMoRan
● Media: Discovery Communications
● Oil, Gas, & Consumable Fuels: Pioneer Natural Resources
● Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology & Life Sciences: Amgen
● Real Estate: Jones Lang LaSalle
● Retailing: CarMax
● Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment: NVIDIA
● Software: Microsoft
● Technology Hardware & Equipment: F5 Networks
● Telecommunications: AT&T
● Transportation: Southwest Airlines
● Utilities: Exelon