Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Brazil
Vale was known as Companhia Vale do Rio Doce (CVRD) until Nov 2007. For items about the company prior to Nov 2007, see our website section on Companhia Vale do Rio Doce.
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark
Since its inception, the CHRB has been aiming to answer a deceptively simple question; which companies perform best on human rights issues? [...] [T]his document [...] rank[s] 101 of the world’s largest companies in high human-rights-risk sectors and...
- Related stories: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark releases 2018 ranking results on human rights performance of 101 companies
- Related companies: adidas AEON Ahold Delhaize Anadarko Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Archer Daniels Midland Associated British Foods BHP Billiton BP BRF Canadian Natural Resources Carrefour Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coal India (CIL) Coca-Cola Compass Group ConocoPhillips Costco Couche-Tard Danone Devon Energy Diageo Ecopetrol Eni EOG Resources Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Falabella Fast Retailing Freeport-McMoRan Gap Gazprom General Mills Glencore Goldcorp Grupo México H&M Hanesbrands Heilan Home Heineken Hermes Hershey Inditex Kellogg Kering Kohl's Kraft Heinz Kroger Kweichow Moutai Company L Brands, Inc. Lukoil LVMH Macy's Marathon Oil Marks & Spencer McDonald's Mondelēz International Monster Beverage Corporation Nestlé Next Nike Nordstrom Norilsk Nickel Occidental Petroleum ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Phillips 66 Prada PTT Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Ross Stores Sasol Shell Shenhua Group Shoprite Sinopec Starbucks Suncor Surgutneftegas Sysco Tapestry (Formerly Coach) Target Tesco TJX Total Under Armour Unilever Vale Valero Energy VF Corp Walmart Wesfarmers Woolworths Group YUM!
Brazil: Prosecutors say final compensation deal with Vale & BHP Billiton reached re 2015 dam collapse
Brazilian prosecutors in Minas Gerais state said...they reached a final compensation deal with mining companies Samarco, Vale...and BHP Billiton regarding a 2015 dam burst, Brazil’s largest ever environmental disaster. According to a statement from...
- Related stories: BHP Billiton & Vale lawsuit (re dam collapse in Brazil)
- Related companies: BHP Billiton Vale
"As mining companies become more aware of the rapidly falling costs of renewables, wind and solar are set to become a growing trend in powering mining operations worldwide over the coming years, shows a new report from Fitch Solutions. On the back of...
- Related companies: Barrick Gold CAP Codelco Collahuasi (joint venture of Anglo American, Glencore & Japan Collahuasi Resources, part of Mitsui & Co.) Compania Minera Dayton Cronimet Galaxy Resources Glencore Grupo Antofagasta Minerals (part of Grupo Luksic) Grupo México IamGold Industrias Penoles Mandalay Resources Minera Rafaela Nyrstar Ozkoyuncu Madencilik Rio Tinto Rockwood Lithium (part of Albemarle) Sandfire Resources Shanta Gold SNIM (Societe Nationale Industrielle et Miniere) Vale
Author: Marcio Zonta, Brasil de Fato (Brazil)
“Mineradoras tentam cooptar igrejas, acusa padre da Rede Igrejas e Mineração-Desde 2013 se intensificam ações das empresas mirando as igrejas; aceitação social para expandir projetos em comunidades”, 31 de agosto de 2018...