Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Brazil
Vale was known as Companhia Vale do Rio Doce (CVRD) until Nov 2007. For items about the company prior to Nov 2007, see our website section on Companhia Vale do Rio Doce.
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre delivers keynote at launch of Univ. of New South Wales Law Journal issue on “Business and Human Rights: The Limits of the Law”
Author: Amy Sinclair, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
"Ms Amy Sinclair - Keynote - UNSW Law Journal Launch of Issue 40(3)", 26 Sep 2017...
Author: Assessoria de Comunicação Social, Ministério Público Federal (Brazil)
"TRF1 paralisa mina da Vale no Pará por danos a índios Xikrin e Kayapó-Decisão da 5ª Turma ordena a paralisação imediata das atividades da Onça Puma. Mineradora deve estimadamente R$ 50 milhões em compensação aos índios", 14 de Setembro de 2017As...
- Related companies: Vale
Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin: Lawsuits by companies seek to silence accountability advocates
Brazil: Judge suspends lawsuit against BHP Billiton & Vale over dam disaster following settlement agreement with govt.
Author: Paul Kiernan, Dow Jones
"Brazil dam disaster lawsuit against BHP Billiton, Vale, suspended", 17 Mar 2017...
- Related stories: BHP Billiton & Vale lawsuit (re dam collapse in Brazil)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: BHP Billiton Samarco (joint venture BHP Billiton and Vale) Vale
Author: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark Limited (CHRB Ltd)
The Corporate Human Rights Benchmark Key Findings Report was released 13 Mar 17....
- Related stories: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark releases ranking results on human rights performance of 98 companies
- Related companies: adidas AEON Anadarko Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Archer Daniels Midland Associated British Foods BHP Billiton BP BRF Canadian Natural Resources Carrefour Chevron China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coach Coal India (CIL) Coca-Cola Compass Group ConocoPhillips Costco Couche-Tard Danone Devon Energy Diageo Dior (part of LVMH) Ecopetrol Eni EOG Resources ExxonMobil Falabella Fast Retailing Freeport-McMoRan Gap Gazprom General Mills Glencore Goldcorp Grupo México Hanesbrands Heilan Home Heineken Hennes & Mauritz (see H&M) Hermes Hershey Inditex Kellogg Kering Kohl's Kraft Heinz Kroger Kweichow Moutai Company L Brands, Inc. Lukoil Macy's Marathon Oil Marks & Spencer McDonald's Mondelēz International Nestlé Next Nike Nordstrom Norilsk Nickel Occidental Petroleum Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (see ONGC) PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Phillips 66 Prada PTT Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Ross Stores Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Sasol Shoprite Starbucks Statoil Suncor Surgutneftegas Sysco Target Tesco TJX Total Under Armour Unilever Vale Valero Energy VF Corp Walmart Woolworths Group Woolworths Limited YUM!