Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Brazil
Vale was known as Companhia Vale do Rio Doce (CVRD) until Nov 2007. For items about the company prior to Nov 2007, see our website section on Companhia Vale do Rio Doce.
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: Benjamin Bibas, Reporterre (France)
« Valérie Cabanes : « Le crime d’écocide doit être reconnu par la Cour pénale internationale » », 11 mars 2019 ...
Author: Antonella Angelini, Columbia Law School, on Fair Observer
"The Way Ahead for a UN Treaty on Business and Human Rights", 28 Feb 2019...
- Related stories: Experts reflect on the Zero Draft of the legally binding treaty on business and human rights Reflections on the Zero Draft of the proposed legally binding treaty on business and human rights
- Related in-depth areas: Intergovernmental working group sessions Latest news on proposed binding treaty Statements, initiatives & commentaries
- Related companies: Vale
Author: Lia Timson, The Sydney Morning Herald
"'Profit before people': documents allege BHP execs were warned over deadly dam", 4 March 2019...
Author: Joana Zanotto, Brasil de Fato (Brazil)
“Com o fechamento iminente de barragens em Minas Gerais, estado do Norte é um dos destinos prioritários da mineradora”, 21 de fevereiro de 2019...
- Related companies: Vale
Author: Spiegel Online
'Bergbaukonzern-Chef bietet Rücktritt an', 3 March 2019...
- Related stories: TÜV Süd reagiert auf Vorwürfe, die Firma erschwere Ermittlungen zu den Umständen des Vale-Dammbruchs
- Related companies: TÜV Süd Vale
...They have been drafted in collaboration with Nikki Reisch, Legal Director of the Center for Human Rights & Global Justice and Supervising Attorney in the Global Justice Clinic at NYU School of Law. We trust that you will take this...
- Related stories: BHP Billiton & Vale lawsuit (re dam collapse in Brazil) Brazil: After Brumadinho, Vale should be de-listed from the UN Global Compact, say civil society groups
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- This is a response from the following companies: BHP Billiton Samarco (joint venture BHP Billiton and Vale) Vale
Swedish pension fund cuts Vale from portfolio after Council on Ethics recommended exclusion following dam collapse
Author: Rachel Fixsen and Nick Reeve, Investment & Pensions Europe
Swedish state pension buffer fund AP1 has begun selling SEK407m (€38.6m) worth of equities and bonds of Brazilian mining company Vale, after the AP Funds’ Council on Ethics recommended the exclusion the company from the AP funds’ portfolios....
- Related stories: Brazil: At least 58 dead & hundreds missing after Vale tailings dam breaks, fresh warnings of a second dam failure
- Related in-depth areas: Brazil: Vale tailings dam bursts in Brumadinho
- Related companies: BHP Billiton Forsta AP-Fonden Vale