Headquarters in USA
Indonesia: Court orders local govt. to review palm oil plantation permits & hold companies accountable for 2015 deforestation fires
Author: Friends of the Earth, on EcoWatch
"Historic Verdict in Indonesia’s Fight Against Deforestation", 5 Apr 2017...
Author: Eric March, Upworthy
“A spice company CEO took a stand against bigotry. It turned out to be good for business”, 2 December 2016...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms USA: Trump administration actions on business & human rights
- Related companies: 3M Kellogg Vanguard
Olam creating "black box" of palm oil from unknown sources, fuelling deforestation "from Gabon to Indonesia" - NGO report
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Author: Brian Collett, Ethical Performance (UK)
"Online database brings transparency to mutual funds’ holdings in palm oil", 2 Sep 2016...
Report links financial sector to human rights abuses of asylum-seekers in Australia's offshore detention centres
Author: Access Now
Dear Vanguard Group, T. Rowe Price, and BlackRock,...
- Related stories: Access Now sends digital rights demands to tech and telco firms
- Related companies: BlackRock T. Rowe Price Tencent Vanguard
Author: Facing Finance
"Dirty Profits 4: Report on Companies and Financial Institutions Benefitting from Violations of Human Rights," 16 Feb 2016...
- Related stories: Facing Finance report investigates abuses by 20 companies & ties to financial institutions
- Related companies: Airbus Allianz Alstom Anglo American Audi (part of Volkswagen) BHP Billiton BMW China Gold International Resources Coca-Cola Daewoo International (part of Posco) Deutsche Bank EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) ExxonMobil Grupo México HeidelbergCement HSBC Inditex Lockheed Martin Motorola Nestlé Pfizer Posco Rheinmetall Rolls-Royce plc Samarco (joint venture BHP Billiton and Vale) Sanofi Syngenta Total Vale Vanguard Verizon Volkswagen Zara (part of Inditex)
Facing Finance’s report “Dirty Profits 4” focuses on 20 multinational companies regarding allegations of abuse of human rights and environmental standards, and investigates the links between these companies and 4 financial institutions. The report...