Victoria's Secret (part of Limited Brands)
Headquarters in USA
Victoria's Secret website: www.victoriassecret.com
USA: Model Alliance demand better protection for models employed by Victoria’s Secret against sexual misconduct
Author: Layla Ilchi & Rosemary Feltelberg, Women's Wear Daily
"Model Alliance Pens Open Letter to Victoria’s Secret on Sexual Misconduct", 6 August 2019...
- Related companies: Victoria's Secret (part of Limited Brands)
Clothing company VF to adopt responsible sourcing policy for wood pulp to tackle deforestation & human rights issues in supply chain
Author: Ellen Wulfhorst, Thomson Reuters Foundation
"Apparel titan VF Corp tackles deforestation & human rights issues in supply chain", 27 Feb 2017...
Author: Accessories Magazine [USA]
Limited Brands, parent to Victoria’s Secret, and the Benetton Group are the latest major fashion retailers and manufacturers to sign onto Greenpeace International’s Detox campaign that seeks to eliminate the use of hazardous chemicals from fashion...
- Related stories: Limited Brands & Benetton join Greenpeace Detox campaign to eliminate use of hazardous chemicals from fashion products
- Related companies: Benetton Esprit Fast Retailing Inditex Levi Strauss Limited Brands Mango Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing) Victoria's Secret (part of Limited Brands) Zara (part of Inditex)
Author: Nita Bhalla, Reuters
For conservative India's rural women…a project giving them jobs in the manufacturing sector is not just an end to poverty, but brings empowerment and respect in this deeply patriarchal society...Under the Pudhu Vaazhvu (meaning "New Life" in Tamil)...
Author: Carol Pierson Holding, Triple Pundit
Harvard Business School just released its first study of US competitiveness...one finding was...[that] only 22 percent of US managers believe that doing good for their communities will help their business. Has the economic pressure really had that...
Author: Simon Clark & Heather Walsh, Bloomberg
...[t]he push to increase sales of goods deemed to be free of child labor and other practices has divided the movement, raised questions of whether going mainstream will undermine the cooperative farmers it was created to help and, most of all,...
Author: Cam Simpson, Bloomberg
Clarisse Kambire’s nightmare rarely changes. It’s daytime. In a field of cotton plants that burst with purple and white flowers, a man in rags towers over her, a stick raised above his head...The man ordering her awake is the same one who haunts the...
- Related stories: Burkina Faso: Victoria's Secret accused of buying cotton from farms using child labour - parent company says it is "vigorously engaging with stakeholders to fully investigate this matter”
- Related in-depth areas: Alleged abuses Case examples Latest news on Children
- Related companies: Limited Brands Starbucks Victoria's Secret (part of Limited Brands) Walmart
While New York Tamil activists deployed a mobile billboard to spread the message of their boycott campaign urging ethical shoppers to shun garments and other products made in Sri Lanka whose 99% Sinhala military allegedly killed more than 30,000...
Response by Victoria's Secret (part of Limited Brands): Protests against Gap, Victoria's Secret for sourcing from Sri Lanka, over govt. abuses against Tamils.
- Related stories: Protests against Gap, Victoria's Secret over sourcing from Sri Lanka, given govt. abuses against Tamils
- This is a response from the following companies: Victoria's Secret (part of Limited Brands)