Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in France
Building Responsibly...has developed a set of Worker Welfare Principles that establish a common, global baseline for the treatment of workers in the engineering and construction industry. [They] were developed in consultation with a diverse set of...
- Related stories: Coalition of construction & engineering companies, "Building Responsibly", advances agenda to protect workers' rights in the industry
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news & responses: Outreach to construction firms in Qatar and the UAE
- Related companies: Bechtel Fluor Jacobs Multiplex Vinci
Author: Mustafa Qadri, Institute for Human Rights and Business, Equidem; Nikhil Eapen, Equidem
"Responsible Recruitment: Addressing Gaps in Protections for Migrant Workers", June 2018...
Author: Anna Triponel, Triponel Consulting
"Implementing the French Duty of Vigilance Law: Reflections Shared by Michelin, Sanofi, Total and Vinci", May 2018...
Author: Nolwenn Weiler, Observatoire des Multinationales
« Dans les entreprises du CAC 40, le pouvoir reste aux mains des hommes ». 25 mai 2018...
Report by Chartered Institute of Building analyses UK construction industry's response to Modern Slavery Act
Author: Emma Crates, The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
Construction and the Modern Slavery Act: Tackling exploitation in the UK, May 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Modern slavery
- Related companies: Arcadis Balfour Beatty Co-operative Group Coca-Cola Harbin Power Engineering (HPE) (part of Harbin Power Equipment) Hewlett-Packard (see HP) IKEA Land Securities Lend Lease Marks & Spencer Mars Marshalls Sainsbury's Sir Robert McAlpine Skanska Tesco Unilever Vinci Walmart
The French public prosecutor of Nanterre has decided to take no further action regarding the complaint made by the association SHERPA against VINCI concerning the latter’s activities in Qatar....
- Related stories: France: Public prosecutor closes case against Vinci for allegations of forced labor in Qatar; NGO Sherpa seeks to refer case to an investigating judge Vinci lawsuit (re forced labour in Qatar)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Vinci