Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Germany
Chile: Volkswagen and Daimler respond to supply chain concerns by launching study into sustainable lithium mining for electric vehicles
“Exclusive: Germany's Volkswagen and Daimler push for more 'sustainable' Chile lithium”, 11th February 2020...
South America: NGOs analyse indigenous peoples’ demands on access to water in fragile salt lakes in lithium production areas; Albemarle proposes a network to monitor water scarcity in Chile
A report analysing the demands by indigenous peoples affected by a growing demand of lithium extracted at three salt lakes in Argentina, Bolivia and Chile highlights the increasing concerns about responsible use of water by companies in that South...
42 organisations and companies agree on guiding principles for the creation of sustainable batteries by 2030
Author: Modern Diplomacy
"42 Global Organizations Agree on Guiding Principles for Batteries to Power Sustainable Energy Transition", 23 January 2020....
- Related in-depth areas: Climate justice Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources Renewable energy & human rights
- Related companies: Analog Devices Audi (part of Volkswagen) BASF BMW Enel Envision Eurasian Resources Group (ERG) Fairphone Greentech Capital Advisors Honda Johnson Matthey LeasePlan Renault SGS SK Innovation Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile (SQM) Umicore Volkswagen Volvo Group
Author: World Benchmarking Alliance
The Automotive Benchmark measures and ranks the world’s leading auto manufacturers. Will they meet the below 2°C warming limit goal set by the Paris Agreement? Are they doing what’s necessary to move to a low carbon economy?...
- Related stories: Latest news on COP25 climate discussions
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation Responsible public policy
- Related companies: BMW Daimler Dongfeng Motor FAW Fiat Chrysler Ford Geely General Motors Honda Hyundai Motor (part of Hyundai Kia Motor) Mazda Mitsubishi Group Nissan PSA Peugeot Citroën Renault Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) Suzuki Tata Motors (part of Tata Group) Tesla Motors Toyota Volkswagen
Author: David Ehl, DW
“Volkswagen defends presence in China's Xinjiang amid uproar over Uighur abuses”, 26 November 2019...
- Related companies: Volkswagen
Author: Cecilia Jamasmie, Mining.com
"Europe-led global certification scheme for raw materials expected in 2020," 30 October 2019....
The Volkswagen Group welcomes the increased interest in the dynamic field of business and human rights and the new depth of benchmarks and ratings. We thus appreciate the snapshot benchmark by the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre, and...
The AFL-CIO report "The Double Standard at Work: European Corporate Investment and Workers' Rights in the American South", published in October 2019 examines European companies’ choices on workers’ organizing rights in Southern states of the United...