Headquarters in USA
Stronger Together launches multi-stakeholder effort focused on responsible recruitment for farmworker employment in US produce industry
Author: Stronger Together
Today, Stronger Together launched a new, pragmatic, multi-stakeholder effort to stimulate a responsible recruitment marketplace for farmworker employment in the US produce industry. The program seeks to create demand for responsible recruitment,...
- Related companies: Walmart
“Thousands of workers at US factories in Mexico are striking for higher wages”, 28th March 2019...
Bangladesh: Brands commit to new garment factory safety scheme Nirapon following winding down of Alliance
Author: Hannah Abdulla, Just Style
"Alliance brands back new Bangladesh factory scheme", 25 March 2019...
Author: Open For Business (USA)
"Channels of Influence: How Companies Can Promote LGBT+ Inclusive Societies", Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Alibaba.com Amazon.com American Express AT&T Barclays Best Buy BlackRock Brunswick Burberry Danone Deutsche Bank Diageo eBay EY (Ernst & Young) Facebook Godrej & Boyce Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Huawei Technologies IBM Inditex Infosys KPMG LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Marriott MasterCard McKinsey Microsoft MTN Nokia PayPal (part of eBay) PricewaterhouseCoopers Safaricom Shell Standard Chartered Starbucks Tesco The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Unilever Virgin Group Walmart Woolworths Group
"Gender equality in the US: Assessing 100 leading companies on workplace equality including healthcare benefits", Feb 2019...
Bangladesh: Human Rights Watch calls on govt. & global brands to investigate dismissals of protesting garment workers & end 'false' criminal charges
Author: Human Rights Watch
"Bangladesh: Investigate Dismissals of Protesting Workers", 5 March 2019...
Are Amazon, Walmart, and eBay’s online 'marketplaces' providing a refuge for goods made with forced labor?
Author: Charlotte Tate & Eric Gottwald, International Labor Rights Forum
...[W]hile browsing online, we were surprised to find that we could buy cotton hand towels advertised as “made in Turkmenistan” on the websites of Amazon, Walmart, and eBay. In May 2018, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) took the extraordinary...
...Thank you for your inquiry and a chance to respond to allegations that Walmart sells goods made with Turkmen cotton produced with forced labor. When we were contacted by the Thomson Reuters Foundation, we let them know we take allegations of forced...
- Related stories: Amazon, eBay & Walmart allegedly sell goods made with Turkmen cotton produced with forced labor; includes company comments
- This is a response from the following companies: Walmart