Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Sixteen Muslims have filed a religious discrimination lawsuit claiming managers at a Whirlpool plant yanked scarves off women's heads and followed workers into restrooms to make sure they weren't praying.
- Related companies: Whirlpool
Author: Frans van der Woerd, David Levy & Katie Begg (eds.), Greener Management International: The Journal of Corporate Environmental Strategy and Practice (no. 39)
includes chapters on: "An Overview of Corporate Strategies" [refers to BP, Lafarge, General Motors, DuPont, Boeing, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Intel, Shell, United Technologies, Whirlpool, Deutsche Telekom, Gerling Group, Munich Re, Ford, Coca-Cola, Alcan,...
- Related companies: AIG Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) American Electric Power Bank of America Baxter International Boeing BP Chase (part of JPMorgan Chase) Chevron Chugoku Electric Power Coca-Cola Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom DuPont Electrabel Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Entergy ExxonMobil Ford Fortum Gaz de France (part of GDF Suez) General Motors Gerling Group IBM ING Intel International Paper Johnson & Johnson Lafarge MeadWestvaco Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Motorola Munich Re Nike Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) Ontario Power Generation (OPG) Pechiney (part of Rio Tinto) Rabobank RWE Shell Shikoku Electric Power ST Microelectronics Statoil Stora Enso Suncor Swiss Re Temple-Inland Tohoku Electric Power Total TransAlta UBS United Technologies Whirlpool
Author: Christian Science Monitor
[certain social investment funds now look more kindly on firms that have changed their practices: McDonald's, Home Depot, Stanley Works, Vestel, Baxter International, Whirlpool]
Author: Business Ethics
The top four companies for 2004, in rank order, are Fannie Mae, Procter & Gamble, Intel, and St. Paul Companies -- all of which have made the list five years running...Other five-year firms include Avon Products, Ecolab, Herman Miller, Modine...
- Related companies: Adolph Coors (part of Molson Coors) Aetna AFLAC Agilent Technologies AT&T Avon Cisco Systems Clorox Cummins Eastman Kodak Ecolab Fannie Mae Green Mountain Coffee Herman Miller HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel John Deere Kellogg's Medtronic Merck Motorola Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo Pitney Bowes Procter & Gamble Southwest Airlines Starbucks Timberland Whirlpool
Author: Human Rights Campaign
Human Rights Campaign (HRC) released its third annual Corporate Equality Index, a report card listing the "best and worst" firms for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender employees...The number of firms with perfect scores doubled since the 2003...
- Related companies: Accenture Adolph Coors (part of Molson Coors) Aetna Agilent Technologies Alltel Altria American Airlines American Express Amgen Apple Aramark AT&T Avaya Bausch & Lomb BB&T Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Booz Allen Hamilton Borders Capital One Cargill Charles Schwab ChoicePoint Chubb Group Circuit City Cisco Systems Citigroup Clear Channel Cumberland Farms Dean Foods Dell Deutsche Bank Eastman Kodak Edison International Emerson Electric Entergy ExxonMobil Faegre & Benson Fannie Mae Ford Goldman Sachs HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel International Steel JPMorgan Chase KeySpan Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Kmart (part of Sears) Kraft Foods Lehman Brothers Levi Strauss Lockheed Martin Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) MBNA (part of Bank of America) Meijer Metlife Microsoft Miller Brewing (part of SABMiller) Morrison & Foerster Motorola National Gypsum Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Times Nike Oracle Owens Corning PepsiCo Perot Systems Pfizer PG&E PricewaterhouseCoopers Prudential Financial Quark RadioShack Replacements Ltd. SABMiller SC Johnson Shaw Industries (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Southwest Airlines UBS Unilever Walmart Wells Fargo Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Worldspan Xerox
The [US] Labor Department announced Wednesday that Whirlpool Corp. has agreed to pay $850,000 to settle claims of hiring discrimination involving 800 black job applicants.
- Related companies: Whirlpool
Author: Human Rights Campaign
[Rates companies on policies and practices toward gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees, consumer & public policy issues....
- Related companies: Aetna Agilent Technologies Alltel Alston & Bird Altria American Airlines American Express Apple AT&T Avaya Bausch & Lomb Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Borders BP Capital One Cargill Cendant (now Avis Budget) Charles Schwab Chevron ChoicePoint Chubb Group Cisco Systems Citigroup CMP Media (part of United Business Media) Corning Credit Suisse Cummins DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Dell Deutsche Bank Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Eastman Kodak Edison International Emerson Electric Entergy Ernst & Young Estée Lauder ExxonMobil Faegre & Benson Federated Department Stores (now Macy's) Ford Freescale Semiconductor Gap General Dynamics General Mills GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs HP (Hewlett-Packard) Hyatt IBM Intel Intuit Jenner & Block Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente KeySpan Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants KPMG Kraft Foods Lehman Brothers Levi Strauss Lexmark Lincoln National Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) MBNA (part of Bank of America) Meijer Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife Microsoft Miller Brewing (part of SABMiller) Morrison & Foerster Motorola National Gypsum Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Times Nike Nissan Nordstrom Northern Trust Olivia Companies Owens Corning PepsiCo Perot Systems Pfizer PG&E Prudential Financial RadioShack Raytheon Replacements Ltd. Rite Aid Rockwell Collins SABMiller Safeway (USA) SBC Communications (now AT&T) SC Johnson Sears Shaw Industries (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Sprint Nextel Sun Microsystems SunTrust Banks Tech Data Toyota UBS Unisys United Business Media US Airways Viacom Volvo Car (part of Ford) Walgreen Washington Mutual Wells Fargo Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Worldspan Wyndham Xerox
Author: Rob Johnson, The Tennessean [USA]
[Somali workers for Dell] say they were forced to choose between their faith and their employment...According to leaders of Nashville's Somali community, Dell has been one of several area employers with strong histories of accommodating Muslim workers...
Author: Global Business Coalition on HIV/AIDS
[case studies include: Abbott Laboratories, Accra Brewery, African Rainbow Minerals, Anglo American, AngloGold, Barbados Employers' Confederation, BP, British American Tobacco, Chevron Texaco (now Chevron), Coca–Cola, Compagnie Ivoirienne d...
- Related stories: Global Business Coalition on HIV/AIDS announces new best practice standard for corporate AIDS programmes
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti BP British American Tobacco Chevron Coca-Cola Compagnie Ivoirienne d'Electricité (CIE) DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) De Beers Debswana (joint venture De Beers & Botswana Govt.) Eskom ExxonMobil Ford GlaxoSmithKline Haco Industries Heineken Home Depot IBM Merck Modi Enterprises Modicare (part of Modi Enterprises) Nestlé Old Mutual Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Rohm Shell Standard Chartered Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Unilever Volkswagen Whirlpool