WMC Resources website: http://www.wmc.com
Author: Amy K. Lehr and Gare A. Smith, Foley-Hoag LLP
This report explores the benefits that Talisman Energy...might derive and the challenges it might encounter if it were to adopt a policy to secure the free, prior, and informed consent (“FPIC”) of indigenous peoples potentially impacted by its global...
- Related stories: Report commissioned by Talisman: "Implementing a Corporate Free, Prior, and Informed Consent Policy: Benefits and Challenges"
- Related in-depth areas: Business tools and guidance Free, prior and informed consent Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Alexkor Anglo American BG Group (part of Shell) BP Chevron ConocoPhillips De Beers (part of Anglo American) Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Gazprom Manhattan Minerals Newmont Goldcorp Occidental Petroleum Repsol YPF Rio Tinto Shell Talisman (part of Repsol) WMC Resources Xstrata (part of Glencore)
[PDF] The Operation of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in a World of Corporate and Other Codes of Conduct
Author: Jane Nelson, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government
[With chapters on "The Growing Role & Importance of NGOs"; "NGOs & the Extractive Sector"; "NGO Accountability; "Strategies for Co-operative NGO-business engagment"] [Refers to Chevron, Coca-Cola, General Motors, Lafarge, Rhodia, EDF, SCA, Eni,...
- Related companies: Alcoa Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold BHP Billiton Chevron Coca-Cola EDF Endesa (part of Enel) Eni Falconbridge (now part of Glencore) Freeport-McMoRan Freudenberg General Motors Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) Mitsubishi Group Newmont Goldcorp Nippon Mining Nippon Mining & Metals (part of Nippon Mining) Noranda (part of Falconbridge) Norske Skog Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Rhodia Rio Tinto SCA Sumitomo Group Umicore WMC Resources Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Author: Intl. Council on Mining & Metals (ICMM)
ICMM comprises 16 of the world’s largest mining and metals companies as well as 23 regional, national and commodity associations. [Company members: Alcoa, Anglo American, AngloGold Ashanti, BHP Billiton, Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold, Lonmin,...
- Related stories: ICMM [Intl. Council on Mining & Metals] Annual Review 2004 released
- Related companies: Alcoa Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti BHP Billiton Freeport-McMoRan Lonmin Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi Materials (part of Mitsubishi Group) Newmont Goldcorp Nippon Mining Nippon Mining & Metals (part of Nippon Mining) Noranda (part of Falconbridge) Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Rio Tinto Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Metal Mining (part of Sumitomo Group) Umicore WMC Resources
[PDF] Corporate accountability to the poor? Assessing the effectiveness of community-based strategies
Author: Niamh Garvey & Peter Newell, Institute of Development Studies, University of Sussex
While corporations secure access to decision-making and privilege through their contributions to state resources through taxes, and to economic development more generally by providing employment, the communities in which many TNCs invest, by contrast...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Aventis (now part of Sanofi) BHP Billiton Cambior Cape PLC Chevron Delta and Pine Land Dow Chemical ExxonMobil Freeport-McMoRan Gap Golden Star Resources Haifa Chemicals (part of Trans-Resources) Inco (part of Companhia Vale do Rio Doce) Novartis Occidental Petroleum Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Rio Algom (part of BHP Billiton) Rio Tinto Shell Spolana Thor Chemicals Tiomin Resources Trans-Resources Unilever Union Carbide (part of Dow) WMC Resources
Author: James Rose, Ethical Corporation
[refers to Rio Tinto, Lihir Gold, BHP Billiton, Newmont, Newcrest, WMC, Freeport-McMoRan]
Author: Nick Trevethan, Reuters
Fifteen of the world's largest metal miners and producers have signed an agreement not to operate in world heritage sites like the Taj Mahal and Great Barrier Reef, the International Council on Mining and Metals (ICMM) said on Wednesday...ICMM...