Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Switzerland
Xstrata merged with Glencore in May 2013. The merged company was called Glencore Xstrata until it changed its name back to Glencore in May 2014.
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
UK High Court finds provocative Xstrata email to be relevant & disclosable in Peruvian human rights claim against company
Author: Richard Meeran, Leigh Day
“Indigenous Peruvians' human rights claim: UK High Court rules on dispute over disclosure of documents by mining giant Xstrata”, 21 Jul 2016...
- Related stories: Peruvian community sue Xstrata in UK for alleged responsibility for deaths & injuries of protestors opposing mining activities
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Glencore Xstrata (part of Glencore)
“Imputaron a tres gerentes chilenos por el megabasurero minero montado en San Juan”...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias legales Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
- Related companies: Glencore Grupo Antofagasta Minerals (part of Grupo Luksic) Los Pelambres (parte de Grupo Luksic, Nippon LP Investment, MM LP Holding) Nippon Mining & Metals (part of Nippon Mining) Xstrata (part of Glencore)
"Outsourcing Development: Lifting the Veil on the World Bank Group’s Lending Through Financial Intermediaries"
In October 2016, Inclusive Development International published a report linking International Finance Corporation projects to human rights and climate change impacts: "Outsourcing Development". As the introduction states: "...The investigation tackl...
Author: Observatorio de Conflictos Mineros Perú
“Libro muestra fracturas generadas en el Valle de Tambopor la minería y el Estado”...
Author: Correio do Povo
"Brasil lidera ranking de ecologistas assassinados em 2016," 13 July 2017...