KIABI's response to allegations of abuses in Myanmar garment factories
...KIABI is very much aware of the responsibility which we have when engaging in Myanmar. We have been continuously monitoring the situation closely and to act accordingly with the developing situation.
Apart from the semi or fully unannounced social compliance audits which conducted by 3rd party auditing firms, we have 2 local Production Engineers who visit the active factories frequently, while we have implemented whistle blowing system (https://report.whistleb.com/my/kiabi) allowing any stakeholders to provide us information for investigation.
Honour Apparel Garment
- We started business with this factory since 2018 and our last order was shipped on April 22nd, 2022 (FCR date). This factory was inactive since then
- The SMETA semi-unannounced compliance audit conducted on March 22-25, 2022 showed a satisfactory audit result
Dishang Kenny Myanmar (Dishang Group)
- We started business with this factory since 2017 and the last order was shipped on July 1st, 2022 (FCR date). This factory is still active in our system while we are reviewing the Myanmar situation constantly
- The last unannounced social audit was conducted by SGS on Oct 25, 2021 and factory received a good compliance rating, no major or critical compliance issues been identified
- Regarding the case reported on the news, it was happened at Dishang Fashion (Myanmar) Co., Ltd, which is not a factory producing for KIABI. The factory which produce for KIABI is Dishang Kenny (Myanmar) Garment Co., Ltd. The situation highlighted on the news did not happen in the factory producing for KIABI
Regarding GTIG Eastar Garment (Myanmar), after KIABI completed last order in February 2021, KIABI did not have any production in this factory and the factory status is “inactive”.
[The full response is attached]