Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Netherlands
[PDF] [full report] Corporate Equality Index - A Report Card on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Equality in Corporate America
Author: Human Rights Campaign [USA]
Several industries saw improvement in both the average rating and the number of top-rated businesses: airlines; computer hardware and office equipment; food, beverages and groceries; insurance; law firms; and, retail and consumer products... Of the 35...
- Related stories: USA: Corporate Equality Index ranks 583 firms on treatment of lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender employees, consumers, investors
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Acer Adecco Group adidas Adobe Systems Adolph Coors (part of Molson Coors) Advanced Micro Devices Aegon Aetna Agilent Technologies Ahold Delhaize AIG Air Products Alaska Air Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Alcoa Alliant Energy Allianz Allstate Alltel Alston & Bird Amazon.com Ameren American Airlines American Express Amgen Aon Apple Aramark Archer Daniels Midland Arent Fox Arnold & Porter AstraZeneca AT&T AutoZone Avaya Avis Budget Avon Baker & McKenzie Baldor Electric (now ABB Motors and Mechanical Inc.) Ball Corp. Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barclays BASF Bausch & Lomb Baxter International Bayer BB&T Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy BNY Mellon Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Borders Group BP Bridgestone Bright Horizons Bristol-Myers Squibb Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Calpine Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Capital One Cardinal Cargill Carlson Caterpillar CBRL Group Cerner Chevron ChoicePoint Chrysler (part of Fiat Chrysler) Chubb Group CIGNA Circuit City Cisco Systems Citigroup Clear Channel Clifford Chance Clorox CNA Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Compass Group ConAgra ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Continental Airlines (part of United Continental) Costco Covington & Burling Cox Enterprises Cravath Swaine & Moore Credit Suisse CSX Cummins CVS Dana Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Delphi Delta Air Lines Deutsche Bank Diageo Dole Dominion Resources Domino's Pizza Dorsey & Whitney Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Kodak eBay Edison International Electronic Data Systems (part of HP) Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Entergy Enterprise Rent-A-Car Estée Lauder Exelon Expedia ExxonMobil EY (Ernst & Young) Faegre & Benson Fannie Mae FedEx Fifth Third Bank Ford Freddie Mac Freescale Semiconductor Gannett Gap Genentech General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Gibson GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) H&R Block Hallmark Cards Harrah's Hartford Financial Services Hasbro Health Care Service Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Heller Ehrman Herman Miller Hershey Hewitt Associates Hilton Hoffmann-La Roche (part of Roche) Holland & Knight Home Depot Honeywell Hospira HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hunton & Williams IBM IKON Illinois Tool Works ING Intel International Paper Interpublic Group Intuit ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jenner & Block JetBlue Airways John Deere John Hancock Financial Services (part of Manulife Financial) Johnson & Johnson Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente Kellogg Kenneth Cole Kimberly-Clark Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Kroger L.L.Bean LaSalle Bank (part of Bank of America) Lear Lehman Brothers Levi Strauss Lexmark Limited Brands Lincoln National Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Lockheed Martin Macy's Manulife Financial Marriott Mars Marsh & McLennan MassMutual Mattel McDermott Will & Emery McDonald's McKesson McKinsey MeadWestvaco Medtronic Meijer Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife MGM Resorts Microsoft Miller Brewing (part of SABMiller) Mirant (part of NRG Energy) Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Mohawk Industries Molson Coors Monsanto (part of Bayer) Moody's Morgan Stanley Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Morrison & Foerster Motorola National Grid Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR Nestlé New York Life New York Times Newell Rubbermaid Nike Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Nortel Networks Northeast Utilities Northrop Grumman Northwest Airlines Novartis Office Depot Office Depot Inc. (previously OfficeMax) Omnicom Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Owens Corning Pacificorp (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Pepco Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo Perot Systems Pfizer PG&E Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Pitney Bowes PNC Financial Services PNM Resources Polaroid Powell Goldstein PPG PPL Praxair PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Reebok (part of adidas) Replacements Ltd. Reynolds American Rite Aid Roche Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Royal Caribbean Cruises Safeco Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) Sanofi SAP Sara Lee Schering-Plough Seagate Technology Sears Sempra Energy Severn Trent Shell Sidley Austin Brown & Wood Sodexo Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Staples Starbucks Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels State Farm Insurance State Street Steelcase Sullivan & Cromwell Sun Microsystems Supervalu Target Tenet Healthcare Texas Instruments Tiffany Time Warner TJX Toyota Toys R Us UBS Unilever Union Pacific Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) United Business Media United Technologies UPS US Airways Verizon Viacom Visa Inc. Visteon Vivendi Volkswagen Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Washington Mutual Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo West LB Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon) Williams Companies WPP Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Xcel Energy Xerox Yahoo! (part of Verizon) YUM! Zurich
Author: Hal Weitzman, Financial Times
...Carlos Mario Roman...has sown coffee in the glade of a natural wood. He has also planted numerous fruit trees on his 20-hectare farm...Mr Roman's story is typical of the 8,500 farmers in Cocla, a local agricultural co-operative and Peru's top...
Author: David Bowen, website effectiveness consultant for Bowen Craggs & Co, in Financial Times
The web is even more important than newsreaders in the area of social responsibility. Whether a company is trying to provide data on waste, to explain how friendly it is to the community, or to lay out its policy on child labour, it cannot do so in...
Author: Amnesty Intl. Netherlands
In producing this series Amnesty International has collaborated and consulted with companies that participate in the section’s Round Table...The Members of the Round Table: ABN Amro, Ahold, Akzo Nobel, Boskalis Westminster, C&A, DSM, Heineken, ING....
- Related stories: Amnesty Intl. Netherlands launches report on business & forced labour, produced in consultation with 15 multinationals
- Related in-depth areas: Case examples
- Related companies: ABN Amro Ahold Delhaize Akzo Nobel Boskalis C&A DSM Heineken ING Rabobank Royal Numico Royal Philips Electronics Royal Vendex KBB Sara Lee Shell Unilever
Author: SOMO, ProFound & India Committee of the Netherlands
...there is an urgent need for improvement of labour, social, ecological and economic conditions throughout the tea sector in the global south...Current responsible business initiatives of mayor players on the Dutch tea market are analysed [in this...
- Related companies: Ahold Delhaize Akbar Brothers Associated British Foods Carritt Moran China TUHSU Coca-Cola Goodricke Hindustan Unilever J.Thomas James Finlay (part of Swire) John Keells (part of John Keells Holdings) John Keells Holdings Kenya Tea Development Agency (KTDA) Nestlé Sara Lee Simon Lévelt Swire Group Tata Group Tata Tea (part of Tata Group) Teekanne Tetley (part of Tata Tea) Twinings (part of Associated British Foods) Unilever Van Rees Williamson Magor
Wal-Mart should not be let into India before it respects workers' rights, UNI writes to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
Author: Union Network International
Letting Wal-Mart enter Indian retail trade could harm the government's efforts to promote economic integration, says UNI in a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. An arrival of Wal-Mart could in fact confirm the fears that opening up the retail...
Este reporte...Trata acerca de los trabajadores de la industria de la fruta en Chile y Sudáfrica...SwedWatch ha realizado entrevistas con...empleados...[que] trabajan directa o indirectamente para las empresas que venden al mercado sueco. [se refiere a...
Author: Celia W. Dugger, New York Times
Across Latin America, supermarket chains partly or wholly owned by global corporate goliaths like Ahold, Wal-Mart and Carrefour...have...begun to transform food growing...their sudden appearance has brought unanticipated and daunting challenges to...