Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Netherlands
Author: David Bowen, website effectiveness consultant for Bowen Craggs & Co, in Financial Times
The web is even more important than newsreaders in the area of social responsibility. Whether a company is trying to provide data on waste, to explain how friendly it is to the community, or to lay out its policy on child labour, it cannot do so in...
Author: Amnesty Intl. Netherlands
In producing this series Amnesty International has collaborated and consulted with companies that participate in the section’s Round Table...The Members of the Round Table: ABN Amro, Ahold, Akzo Nobel, Boskalis Westminster, C&A, DSM, Heineken, ING...
- Related stories: Amnesty Intl. Netherlands launches report on business & forced labour, produced in consultation with 15 multinationals
- Related in-depth areas: Case examples
- Related companies: ABN Amro Ahold Akzo Nobel C&A DSM Heineken ING Rabobank Royal Boskalis Westminster Royal Numico Royal Philips Electronics Royal Vendex KBB Sara Lee Shell Unilever
Author: SOMO, ProFound & India Committee of the Netherlands
...there is an urgent need for improvement of labour, social, ecological and economic conditions throughout the tea sector in the global south...Current responsible business initiatives of mayor players on the Dutch tea market are analysed [in this...
- Related companies: Ahold Akbar Brothers Associated British Foods Carritt Moran China TUHSU Coca-Cola Goodricke Hindustan Unilever J.Thomas James Finlay (part of Swire) John Keells (part of John Keells Holdings) John Keells Holdings Kenya Tea Development Agency (KTDA) Nestlé Sara Lee Simon Lévelt Swire Group Tata Group Tata Tea (part of Tata Group) Teekanne Tetley (part of Tata Tea) Twinings (part of Associated British Foods) Unilever Van Rees Williamson Magor
Wal-Mart should not be let into India before it respects workers' rights, UNI writes to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
Author: Union Network International
Letting Wal-Mart enter Indian retail trade could harm the government's efforts to promote economic integration, says UNI in a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. An arrival of Wal-Mart could in fact confirm the fears that opening up the retail...
Este reporte...Trata acerca de los trabajadores de la industria de la fruta en Chile y Sudáfrica...SwedWatch ha realizado entrevistas con...empleados...[que] trabajan directa o indirectamente para las empresas que venden al mercado sueco. [se refiere a...
Author: Celia W. Dugger, New York Times
Across Latin America, supermarket chains partly or wholly owned by global corporate goliaths like Ahold, Wal-Mart and Carrefour...have...begun to transform food growing...their sudden appearance has brought unanticipated and daunting challenges to...
Author: Europa Press
Un total de 81 multinacionales contarán ya...con una política declarada de protección de los Derechos Humanos...según informa la organización sin ánimo de lucro 'Business and Human Rights' (Centro de Recursos sobre Empresas y Derechos Humanos)...el...
- Related companies: ABB Abbott Laboratories ABN Amro adidas Ahold Delhaize Alcoa Allied Domecq (joint venture Pernod Ricard & Fortune Brands) Anglo American AXA BHP Billiton Body Shop (part of Natura) BP British Airways British American Tobacco BT Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Carlsberg Breweries Chevron Chiquita Colgate-Palmolive ConocoPhillips Credit Suisse Dell Diageo Dow Chemical Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) Ford Gap GlaxoSmithKline Hilton Group (now Ladbrokes) HP (Hewlett-Packard) IKEA ING InterContinental Hotels Lloyds Motorola Nestlé Nokia Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Occidental Petroleum PricewaterhouseCoopers Reebok (part of adidas) Repsol YPF Rio Tinto Roche Royal Philips Electronics Shell Sony Toshiba Total Unilever Unocal (part of Chevron)
[DOC] [Dutch Roundtable on Business and Human Rights submission to UN consultation on business & human rights]
Author: Kees van Tilburg, Chairman of Dutch Roundtable on Business and Human Rights
The Round Table is a forum where both Dutch multinationals as well as the Dutch Section of Amnesty International are represented...Companies represented now in the Round Table are: ABN AMRO Bank, Akzo Nobel, C&A Nederland, Heineken International,...