Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Author: Dean Pinkert, James Ton-that & Ravi Soopramanien, OpenGlobalRights
Blockchains are generating excitement across industries due to their potential to improve supply chain transparency. Less well known is their capacity to help companies conform to supply chain integrity commitments required by the United Nations...
USA: Report analyses payments made by corporations in discrimination or harassment lawsuits since 2000
Author: Philip Mattera, Good Jobs First
"Big Business Bias: Employment Discrimination and Sexual Harassment at Large Corporations", January 2019...
Author: Giulietta Gamberini, La Tribune (France)
« Déchets en plastiques : une nouvelle vague de multinationales se mobilise », 16 janvier 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Ressources naturelles
- Related companies: Access Industries BASF Chevron Coca-Cola Danone Dow Chemical ExxonMobil H&M KFC (part of YUM!) L'Oreal LyondellBasell (part of Access Industries) McDonald's Mitsui PepsiCo Procter & Gamble Shell Total Unilever YUM!
KnowTheChain is a resource for businesses and investors who need to understand and address forced labor risks within their supply chains. In 2018 KnowTheChain benchmarked over 120 global companies across the three sectors. 2018 Information & C...
Pakistan: Chief Justice of Pakistan initiates review of water extraction and quality of water sold by major bottled water companies
In September 2018, during a hearing related to the drying of holy ponds due to sub-soil water extraction by cement companies near Katas Raj Temples, the Chief Justice of Pakistan “took ‘suo motu notice’ of the exploitation of water resources by minera...
Author: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark
Since its inception, the CHRB has been aiming to answer a deceptively simple question; which companies perform best on human rights issues? [...] [T]his document [...] rank[s] 101 of the world’s largest companies in high human-rights-risk sectors and...
- Related stories: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark releases 2018 ranking results on human rights performance of 101 companies
- Related companies: adidas AEON Ahold Delhaize Anadarko Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Archer Daniels Midland Associated British Foods BHP Billiton BP BRF Canadian Natural Resources Carrefour Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coal India (CIL) Coca-Cola Compass Group ConocoPhillips Costco Couche-Tard Danone Devon Energy Diageo Ecopetrol Eni EOG Resources Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Falabella Fast Retailing Freeport-McMoRan Gap Gazprom General Mills Glencore Goldcorp Grupo México H&M Hanesbrands Heilan Home Heineken Hermes Hershey Inditex Kellogg Kering Kohl's Kraft Heinz Kroger Kweichow Moutai Company L Brands, Inc. Lukoil LVMH Macy's Marathon Oil Marks & Spencer McDonald's Mondelēz International Monster Beverage Corporation Nestlé Next Nike Nordstrom Norilsk Nickel Occidental Petroleum ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Phillips 66 Prada PTT Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Ross Stores Sasol Shell Shenhua Group Shoprite Sinopec Starbucks Suncor Surgutneftegas Sysco Tapestry (Formerly Coach) Target Tesco TJX Total Under Armour Unilever Vale Valero Energy VF Corp Walmart Wesfarmers Woolworths Group YUM!
Author: DAWN, Pakistan
Audit report finds profit margins in bottled water sale unjustified, 31 October 2018...
Days after IPCC report, 30 U.K. companies commit to dedicating hundreds of millions of pounds to addressing climate change
Author: Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, UK Government
"Top businesses across the UK have today announced significant pledges worth hundreds of millions of pounds to tackle climate change, marking the government’s first ever Green GB & NI Week....
- Related stories: International scientific body report on climate change warns of need to act now to prevent catastrophic impacts of climate change
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change
- Related companies: Admiral Group Amazon.com Barratt Developments Coca-Cola Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu EDF Hargreaves Lansdown HSBC John Lewis Partnership KPMG Lidl Tesco