Headquarters in USA
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
NGO and corporate members of the Voluntary Principles Initiative urge for respect of human rights in public security organizations
In July 2020, corporate and NGO members of the Voluntary Principles Initiative released a Joint Statement on Policing and Respect for Human Rights. Following weeks of demonstrations around the world condemning police brutality and systemic racism...
Author: Brian Melley, Claims Journal
"Big Oil Loses Appeal, Climate Suits Go to California Courts," 28 May 2020...
- Related stories: California communities’ lawsuit against 37 fossil fuel companies (re climate change compensation)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Apache ConocoPhillips (Phillips Petroleum) Eni ExxonMobil Marathon Oil Marathon Petroleum Occidental Petroleum Royal Dutch Shell (Shell)
Author: Dana Drugmand, Desmog (USA)
"‘Fossil Fuel Companies Knew’: Honolulu Files Lawsuit Over Climate Impacts", 9 Mar 2020...
Author: Peace Brigades International - Canada
Colombian social leader concerned about Canadian company fracking near Puerto Patiño, Cesar – March 16, 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources
- Related companies: Canacol Energy ConocoPhillips Frontera Energy (former Pacific Exploration & Production)
USA: Publish What You Pay calls on extractive companies to comment on latest SEC payment disclosure rules; including company responses
On 15 January 2020, the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) released the latest proposed rule to implement Section 1504 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. Section 1504 requires companies operating in the...
ConocoPhillips is reviewing the proposed U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission rule to implement Section 1504 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. We endorse transparency in the extractive industries to ensure that...
- Related stories: USA: Publish What You Pay calls on extractive companies to comment on latest SEC payment disclosure rules; including company responses
- This is a response from the following companies: ConocoPhillips
Author: AFP et Le Monde de l'Energie
« Pétrole dans l'Arctique: les ONG perdent un nouveau procès en Norvège », 23 janvier 2020....
Report finds top fossil fuel companies responsible for more than half of ocean acidification affecting coastal communities & marine life
Author: R Licker, B Ekwurzel, S C Doney, S R Cooley, I D Lima, R Heede & P C Frumhoff, on IOP Science
...[M]ore than half of the global surface ocean acidification is attributable to the CO2 emissions traced to the extraction, refining and combustion of fossil fuels and manufacturing of cement from the 88 largest carbon producers... Of these 88 major...
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change
- Related companies: Abu Dhabi National Oil Co BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) BP Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Coal India (CIL) ConocoPhillips (Phillips Petroleum) ExxonMobil Gazprom Iraq National Oil Company Kuwait Petroleum Corporation (KPC) National Iranian Oil Co PDVSA (Petróleos de Venezuela) Peabody Energy Pemex Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) Saudi Aramco Sonatrach Total