Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Switzerland
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: ActionAid, FairFood, FairPensions
[A] growing number of businesses and investors are concluding that there is a business case for viewing tax planning through a CR lens. Drivers include the increase in public scrutiny of corporate tax avoidance, and a renewed effort to tackle tax...
- Related stories: Tax avoidance "as big an issue as sweatshops" says ActionAid at launch of report on how companies can commit to "Tax Responsibility"
- Related companies: adidas Alliance Boots (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) Anglo American Barclays BP Bunge Cargill Credit Suisse Gap General Electric GlaxoSmithKline Glencore Google (part of Alphabet) Henderson Global Investors (part of AMP Group) Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) KPMG Levi Strauss Louis Dreyfus Marks & Spencer Nike PricewaterhouseCoopers Reebok (part of adidas) Rio Tinto Vodafone
Author: Leo Hickman, Fiona Harvey, Guardian [UK]
Mining and commodities giant Glencore has suffered dozens of fatalities and been subject to six-figure fines for environmental breaches, the company revealed...Glencore and its majority-owned operations suffered 56 fatalities in the 2008-10 period...
- Related stories: Glencore reveals 56 fatalities, 6-figure environmental fines during 2008-10 - NGO says firm is well below sector leaders in safety, Glencore “concerned” about deaths
- Related companies: Anglo American Antofagasta ENRC (part of Eurasian Resources Group) Glencore Kazakhmys Vedanta Resources Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Author: Nicholas Bariyo, Dow Jones Newswires
The Zambian government will continue to welcome foreign investors in the country's mining sector but they must respect labor laws, the new president, Michael Sata, said in his inaugural speech Friday...Sata...has been a well-known critic of Chinese...
Author: Simon Bradley, swissinfo.ch [Switzerland]
Con un crecimiento caótico y sin control e ingresos exorbitantes, las empresas que comercializan materias primas estafarían no solo al fisco en los países pobres, también dañarían la reputación de Suiza, donde tienen su sede, advierten expertos...
Author: Stefania Summermatter, swissinfo.ch [Suiza]
En Argentina, como en otros países andinos, los proyectos mineros de Xstrata chocan con la creciente oposición de pueblos indígenas que denuncian daños ambientales y sociales. Algo que rechaza la empresa con sede en Zug…[L]a mina la Alumbrera [parte de...
Author: Alliance Sud
More than 50 Swiss organizations launched a campaign for Corporate Justice in early November. They are calling on the government and parliament for binding rules to ensure that companies headquartered in Switzerland observe human rights and...
Small mines scratched into the ground in poorly regulated parts of the world cause more pollution than large-scale operations, according to an environmental study...The study, carried out by Green Cross Switzerland and the United States-based...
- Related companies: Glencore
Author: Colombia Solidarity Campaign (Gran Bretaña), FIAN - First Food International Action (Italia), ASK!- Arbeitsgruppe Schweiz-Kolumbien (Suiza) y London Mining Network
…Varios de nosotros nos reunimos con usted [señor Salgado, de Prodeco, parte de Glencore]…[en] 2011…y conversamos…sobre los procesos de reasentamiento de las tres comunidades de Plan Bonito, El Hatillo y Boquerón. Las noticias que recibimos de la...
Author: Global Witness
The intensifying competition for commercial access to the world’s remaining deposits of oil, gas and minerals brings with it a serious risk of exacerbating corruption and violent conflict. Such corruption can prop up autocratic governments that keep...
- Related stories: Global Witness report highlights need for increased transparency to prevent Africa's natural resources from fuelling instability
- Related companies: Addax Petroleum (part of Sinopec) Baker Hughes CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) First Quantum Minerals Gécamines Glencore Goldman Sachs Halliburton KBR Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Norsk Hydro Shell Sinopec Snamprogetti (part of Eni) Sonangol Tidewater Transocean