Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
The company changed its name from Amerada Hess to Hess Corporation in May 2006
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Hess Corporation to respond. Hess Corporation did not respond.
- Related stories: USA: Publish What You Pay calls on extractive companies to comment on latest SEC payment disclosure rules; including company responses
- This is a non response from the following companies: Hess Corporation
USA: Publish What You Pay calls on extractive companies to comment on latest SEC payment disclosure rules; including company responses
On 15 January 2020, the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) released the latest proposed rule to implement Section 1504 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. Section 1504 requires companies operating in the...
New Annual Briefing on legal accountability: Turning up the heat: Corporate legal accountability for climate change
This year's Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefing explores the rising trend of climate litigation brought against companies. Turning up the heat: Corporate legal accountability for climate change examines the opportunities and challenges for ...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Center
"Informe de Responsabilidad Legal Empresarial 2018" 6 de junio de 2018...
- Related companies: American Petroleum Institute Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Apache Arch Coal BP Chevron Citgo Petroleum (part of PDVSA (Petróleos de Venezuela)) ConocoPhillips (Phillips Petroleum) Devon Energy EnCana Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Hess Corporation Marathon Oil Marathon Petroleum Occidental Petroleum Peabody Energy Phillips 66 Repsol Rio Tinto Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) RWE Suncor Total
Author: Richmond City Attorney & Sher Edling LLP
Part I. Introduction Part II. Parties Part III. Agency Part IV. Jurisdiction and Venue Part V. Factual Background Part VI. Causes of Action Exhibit A. Timeline
- Related stories: USA: Richmond becomes 9th city in less than a year to file climate change lawsuit against fossil fuel companies
- Related companies: Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Apache BP Chevron Citgo Petroleum (part of PDVSA (Petróleos de Venezuela)) ConocoPhillips Devon Energy EnCana ExxonMobil Hess Corporation Marathon Oil Occidental Chemical (part of Occidental Petroleum) Occidental Petroleum Phillips 66 Repsol Shell Total
Author: Santa Cruz Office Of The County Counsel and Sher Edling LLP
THE COUNTY OF SANTA CRUZ, individually and on behalf of THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, Plaintiff, vs. CHEVRON CORP.; CHEVRON U.S.A. INC.; EXXONMOBIL CORP.; BP P.L.C.; BP AMERICA, INC.; ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC; SHELL OIL PRODUCTS COMPANY LLC;...
- Related stories: USA: Santa Cruz county & city file lawsuits against 29 fossil fuel companies over alleged climate change
- Related in-depth areas: Accountability: Loss & damage, litigation, shareholder activism Climate change litigation Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Apache BP Chevron Citgo Petroleum (part of PDVSA (Petróleos de Venezuela)) ConocoPhillips Devon Energy EnCana ExxonMobil Hess Corporation Marathon Oil Occidental Chemical (part of Occidental Petroleum) Occidental Petroleum Repsol Shell Total
USA: Santa Cruz county & city file lawsuits against 29 fossil fuel companies over alleged climate change
On December 20th 2017, the City of Santa Cruz and Santa Cruz County filed separate lawsuits in the California Superior Court against 29 oil, gas, and coal companies in relation to their alleged contribution to climate change. Plaintiffs seek to hold...
Author: El Espectador (Colombia)
“100 compañías emiten 71% de los gases responsables del cambio climático”, 15 de diciembre de 2017...
- Related companies: A.P. Moller - Maersk Group Abu Dhabi National Oil Co Adaro Energy Alliance Resource Partners LP Alpha Natural Resources Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Apache Arch Coal Bahrain Petroleum Co (BAPCO) Banpu BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) BP Bukit Asam (Persero) Bumi Resources Canadian Natural Resources Chesapeake Energy Chevron China Coal Energy (part of China National Coal Group) China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Petroleum & Chemical (Sinopec) Cloud Peak Energy CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coal India (CIL) ConocoPhillips (Phillips Petroleum) Consol Energy Devon Energy Drummond Ecopetrol Egyptian General Petroleum EnCana EOG Resources Equinor (formerly Statoil) Exxaro ExxonMobil Gazprom Glencore Hess Corporation Husky Energy Indika Energy INPEX Iraq National Oil Company KazMunayGas Kideco Jaya Agung Kuwait Petroleum Corporation (KPC) Lukoil Marathon Oil Murphy Oil Murray Energy NACCO Industries National Iranian Oil Co National Oil Corporation of Libya Natural Resource Partners L.P Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Noble Energy Novatek Occidental Petroleum OMV ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) PDVSA (Petróleos de Venezuela) Peabody Energy Pemex Pertamina Peter Kiewit Sons Petoro AS Petrobras Petroecuador Petroleum Development Oman LLC Petronas Qatar Petroleum Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) Russian Coal RWE Sasol Saudi Aramco Singareni Collieries Company Sonangol Sonatrach Southwestern Energy Suncor Surgutneftegas Syrian Petroleum Co Tatneft Teck Resources Total TurkmenGaz Turkmennebit Vistra Energy Westmoreland Coal Co YPF