Consultant at Context America
About the Organisation
Context is a corporate sustainability consultancy founded in 1997 with offices in London, Los Angeles and New York. Context helps its global clients understand sustainability and profit from it – by developing leading sustainability strategies and compelling communications. The firm’s practice areas span strategy, reporting, sustainability communications, sustainability and brands, external engagement, responsible investor relations, employee communications and training and event facilitation.
The Context team has three core skills:
- Knowledge of sustainability – environmental, governance and social – issues
- Strong communications and writing abilities
- Professional business consultancy practices
This unique combination enables Context to advise clients on strategic sustainability issues, create focused strategies, and help them communicate effectively with internal and external audiences. Context is also proud to work with some of the world’s leading companies including, Burt’s Bees, Cisco, Citi, the Estée Lauder Companies, HP, Morgan Stanley and Unilever.
About the position
The Consultant will work closely with clients to develop sustainability strategies and communications. This is an ideal opportunity for a hard-working and creative individual with a passion for sustainability to work with leading corporations around sustainability issues.
- Communications strategy – Help devise and implement internal and external sustainability communications strategies for clients, using all media.
- Client Management – Work with clients to develop solutions and sell ideas to senior client staff.
- Sustainability Reporting – Devise, plan and write corporate sustainability reports and other sustainability communications for multinational clients.
- Project Support – Conduct analytical research and strategic planning in support of the team.
- Business Development – Identify new business opportunities.
- At least 2-5 years of professional experience required with previous experience working in the corporate sustainability/CR field and/or management consulting preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree ideally in a related discipline, master’s degree preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; an ability to write clearly in English under time constraints.
- A passion for sustainability and a desire to be fluent in the full range of corporate sustainability issues.
- A keen interest in business and an understanding of the corporate world.
- An outgoing personality with a knack for relationship building and passion for client service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- A full understanding of digital communications media.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
Contract: Full time
Closing date: Open until filled
Location: New York, USA