Director of Investor Networks at ShareAction
Reporting to: Chief Executive
The Director of Investor Networks will be a member of ShareAction’s Management Team and will have managerial responsibility for at least one full time member of staff.
This senior role will involve supporting asset owners in the UK and beyond who want to work collaboratively to harness the power of their investments to bring about social and environmental benefits.
ShareAction has been working over the last 2 years with a network of endowed charitable trusts on an ambitious work-plan of research and socially engaged shareholder activism. Supporting and growing that network will be one key responsibility.
We are working towards the launch of a sister network of operational charities who wish to see their invested reserves become a source of added strength in delivering mission and achieving impact. The successful launch and on-going growth of this new network will be a second key area of responsibility.
Capital Action is a project of ShareAction that involves supporting London-based investors (charities, pension funds, faith bodies and others) to use their influence as shareholders to bring positive change in the capital through dialogue with companies operating in Greater London. Delivering the Capital Action project is the third key area of responsibility.
- Preparing and delivering the annual work-plan of the Charities Responsible Investment Network. This will involve close liaison with finance directors and other senior staff at a range of endowed trusts
- Recruiting new trusts and foundations into the Network
- Overseeing the Network’s micro-site and communications strategy, including securing coverage where appropriate in conjunction with our Head of Media and Communications
- Managing shareholder engagement projects in the Network work-plan, including meetings and correspondence with company executives and AGM interventions undertaken by Network members. You will liaise closely with the campaigns and engagement team on this aspect of the role
- Identifying and recruiting operational charities into a new sister network. This will involve making sure we have a well-pitched and compelling offer, with an appropriate fee structure
- Designing and organising training and other events of interest for the members of both investor networks (endowed trusts and operational charities)
- Liaising with London-based investors to ensure their involvement in a process of dialogue with companies in the capital, helping to bring about more responsible business practices within London’s diverse business community
- Such other tasks as may be required to meet the main responsibilities outlined above
- Experience working in the investment sector, charity finance or closely related field
- Proven track record of building networks and creating rapport with new contacts
- Securing income for projects
- Experience of organising events
- Experience of managing staff
- Track record of meeting continuous short-term deadlines, whilst keeping long-term goals on track
- Campaigning experience, including writing reports or briefings on campaign issues
Knowledge & Skills
- Proven influencing and negotiating skills with internal and external actors
- Excellent writing skills, including an ability to translate complex information into simple language
- Ability to get to grips with a new and complex subject area quickly
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong planning, co-ordination and prioritisation skills and proven capacity to undertake varied tasks simultaneously to tight deadlines
- Enthusiasm and intellectual curiosity about the mission of ShareAction
- Ability to hit the ground running and to work in a small, face-paced team
- Knowledge and understanding of the field of responsible investment
Contract: Full time, permanent
Closing date: 12pm, 22nd August 2014
Location: London, UK
Salary: £40-45,000, depending on experience