Labour Rights Analyst and/or Researcher
Maplecroft is a leading source of human rights risk intelligence for both the business and non-profit communities.
We are seeking a highly motivated Labour Rights Analyst and/or Researcher with knowledge of and experience in labour rights and the associated risks and responsibilities relating to business.
We are seeking a candidate who has spent some time in a developing country and has excellent analytical, writing, editing and presentation skills. The successful candidates will be working on one of our flagship product lines, Labour Standards Reports, plus contributing to other in-depth reports and consultancy projects on human rights and business impacts for some of the world's leading companies, foundations, UN organisations and NGOs.
Subject to experience and/or advancement, assignments may include:
- Research and analysis of qualitative and quantitative information relating to labour and human rights risk and business impact
- The writing of briefings, reports and articles on labour and human rights risk to business relating to regions, countries, companies and sectors
- Identification of key stakeholders in the area of labour rights, human rights and business
- Client-specific consultancy on relevant labour and human rights risk management
- Rating of companies in terms of their management of human rights risk exposures and responsibilities
Essential skills and qualifications:
- A Masters degree or PhD in a relevant subject, such as human rights, law, international development, sustainable development, international business and emerging markets.
- Relevant work experience in risk consulting, labour or human rights research, or similar
- Exceptional conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to understand and convey complex information quickly, accurately and clearly
- Sound understanding of concepts and institutions related to international labour standards, human rights and corporate social responsibility
- Applicants should be innovative, creative and comfortable working in an interdisciplinary, multi-cultural team with formal peer review
- Strong interpersonal communications skills, along with advanced IT skills and demonstrable proficiency in the full Microsoft Office suite
- An ability to manage time effectively and work under time pressure
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Field experience in a developing or emerging economy
- Fluency in a second language
- Experience with stakeholder identification and engagement
The position will require an ability to manage time effectively and work under time pressure. Applicants should be innovative and creative and comfortable working in an interdisciplinary, multi-cultural team with formal peer review.
Contract: full time, permanent employee
Closing date: rolling; position will close when filled
Location: Bath, UK
Salary: commensurate with experience