Manager Corporate Social Responsibility at The Hershey Company
This position manages global CSR programming, monitors global CSR trends and serves as the primary contact for Hershey’s global facilities. Additionally, this position will have responsibility for alignment of West Africa projects and the rollout of Hershey’s signature initiative focused on malnutrition through school-feeding programs.
The role will lead the integration of various CSR programs into the overall business, with particular emphasis on global facilities and Hershey’s signature initiative. Additionally, this role will have some interaction with Hershey’s commercial business, as a liaison with Hershey’s commercial and marketing functions, identifying and implementing CSR programs that support commercial goals and promote collaboration with business partners, as well as driving targeted direct to consumer messaging and cause marketing campaigns.
This position plays a critical role in the department as it is the primary tactician of high impact CSR programs, is a key resource for CSR communications and also for Hershey’s strategy to maximize its reputation through targeted rankings and ratings improvements, and also provides input to strategic priorities. Additionally, this position will serve as a mentor and help to develop junior staff.
Key Liaison for Hershey International Facilities & Global Efforts
• Manages development, implementation of program scope, strategy, objectives, long and short term goals at Hershey International facilities and global programs.
• Provides support for Hershey’s cocoa sustainability program as needed
• Responsible for raising awareness of Hershey’s commitment to CSR and generating engagement with and publicity for Hershey’s CSR programs in all global facilities
• Identifies, recommends and manages implementation of key performance indicators; Facilitates/coordinates cross-functional working groups focused on developing measurable objectives/goals, progress and reporting
• Tracks overall program progress on an ongoing basis, assists in compilation of annual progress report - quantitative and qualitative
• Collaborates on CSR budget development, to assure appropriate finances are available for global programs and collaboration with key customers
• Coordinates update/strategy meetings, communications across global CSR teams
• Key resource to drive employee engagement in global facilities to support CSR core programming and signature initiative
• Builds partnerships across the business to advance, integrate CSR and enhance business performance simultaneously
• Supports departmental development, coordination, activities as needed, with a special focus on career development for junior staff * Alignment of CSR Engagement Programs in West Africa and Rollout of Hershey’s Signature Initiative*
• Drives the rollout and expansion of Hershey’s signature initiative: (Focus on malnutrition through school-feeding programs)
• Key resource to support and align Hershey’s continuing CSR programming in West Africa
• Helps to establish strong industry partnerships to supplement our focused CSR efforts in West Africa, and to identify potential partners in other regions to rollout out a consistent CSR Framework globally * CSR Reporting, Communications & Targeted Rankings & Ratings Strategy*
• Supports CSR Communications and CSR Report; collaborates with Corporate Communications to define a robust internal and external communications strategy
• Supports and implements the overall strategy to achieve progress on targeted CSR rankings and ratings * Monitors and reports on corporate best demonstrated practices, and global key trends/issues*
• Tracks, reports and recommends adoption of industry best practices
• Tracks key issues/trends, develops internal education and risk/benefit analyses * Supports CSR Commercialization, consumer insights research*
• Collaborates on planning and project implementation focused on delivering winning commercial opportunities with CSR impact
• Liaisons between wider CSR area/task teams and commercialization
• Supports Hershey brands in implementing, enhancing CSR impact and commercial wins
• Identifies and implements cause marketing campaigns and other direct to consumer messaging efforts
Education: Bachelor's degree Experience: 3-5 years in CSR/sustainability roles, or related experience