2017 UN Forum - Call for information about projects on access to remedy for business-related human rights impacts (extended to 13 Feb)
The 2017 UN Forum on Business & Human Rights…will have a major focus on the issue of access to remedy for business-related human rights impacts…The Forum Secretariat is doing a mapping of ongoing research and projects linked to this topic. All stakeholders are encouraged to submit brief information about ongoing or planned research and projects for 2017-18 related to the issue of access to remedy in the context of business and human rights…Links to recently concluded research and reports are welcome as well.
Areas of interest include research and projects related to:
- State-based judicial mechanisms (both civil and criminal)
- State-based non-judicial mechanisms (NHRIs, national contact points, ombudsman offices, labour inspection etc.)
- Company-based/operational-level grievance mechanisms
- Grievance mechanisms administered by industry associations and multi-stakeholder initiatives
- Grievance mechanisms administered by international financial and development institutions
- Regional and international judicial mechanisms that may handle business-related human rights complaints
- Community-led/based grievance mechanisms
…Initial deadline: 8 February (information may also be submitted on an ongoing basis)...