Deutsche Telekom response
Deutsche Telekom supports the efforts of aid organizations and public authorities in providing shelter and supplies for refugees, as Deutsche Telekom CEO Tim Höttges underlined during a phone call with German Federal Minister of the Interior, Thomas de Maiziere. In order to provide aid as quickly and with as little red tape as possible, the company has set up an internal task force chaired by Chief Human Resources Officer, Christian P. Illek.
The aid efforts will be focused on the following areas:
- Helping provide refugee shelters with WiFi
- Helping the authorities find suitable buildings
- Assigning employees to help at the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF)
- Supporting employees in their volunteer efforts for refugees
- Setting up a refugee portal containing information for refugees
- Providing intern positions for refugees...