Study: Children's rights in the mining sector
UNICEF Extractive Pilot 2014 was designed to encourage and facilitate the integration of children’s rights into companies’ human rights due diligence processes. The project aimed to:
- Identify and analyse ways in which mining sector activity impacts upon children’s rights.
- Understand how companies in the mining sector are managing their impacts on children.
- Develop UNICEF’s expertise and experience to engage extractive companies on children’s rights.
- Provide recommendations to the mining sector on the improved identification and management of their impacts on children’s rights.
- Provide recommendations on how UNICEF can best and most strategically engage with the mining sector on the issues that affect children.