USA: Frequently asked questions on National Action Plan
"USG National Action Plan on Responsible Business Conduct", 12 Feb 2015
- Q. Why is the USG doing this and what do you hope to accomplish with the NAP?
- Q. What factors motivated the Administration to commit to developing a National Action Plan (NAP)?
- Q: What will the NAP address?
- Q. What topics will be included in the plan? What is on and off the table?
- Q. What is the geographic scope of this exercise?
- Q. Will the United States conduct a “National Baseline Assessment” (NBA) as part of this process?
- Q. Which government agencies will be involved in this process?
- Q. The U.S. NAP is on “responsible business conduct.” How will that differ from other NAPs that are focused on corporate social responsibility or business and human rights?
- Q. Do you intend for this NAP to include legislative recommendations, and if so how will you engage Congress?
- Q. How do you intend to address remedy issues?
- Q. How do you intend to consult with stakeholders?
- Q. If I can’t attend a consultation in person, how can I engage?
- Q. Will you engage with foreign governments during this process and if so how?
- Q. What happens once you publish the NAP?