Headquarters in USA
Author: Chris Opfer & Paige Smith, Bloomberg Law
"Oracle Owes $400M to Women, Black, Asian Workers, DOL Says (1)", 22 January 2019...
Author: Oxfam America (US)
"Corporations Increasingly Vocal on Social Issues but Still Mostly Lobbying for Lower Taxes" 12 Apr 2018...
- Related stories: USA: Corporations increasingly vocal on social issues but still mostly lobbying for lower taxes - Oxfam America report
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories AbbVie AIG Albertsons Alphabet Amazon.com Amgen Anadarko Apple Archer Daniels Midland Bank of America Berkshire Hathaway Bristol-Myers Squibb Cargill Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola ConocoPhillips Costco Eli Lilly ExxonMobil Facebook Foot Locker Gap General Mills Gilead Sciences Hanesbrands Home Depot HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lowe's Marathon Petroleum Mars McDonald's Merck Metlife Microsoft Mondelēz International Morgan Stanley Nike Oracle PepsiCo Pfizer Phillips 66 Prudential Financial Publix PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Ross Stores State Farm Insurance Target Tyson Valero Energy VF Corp Walgreen Walmart Wells Fargo Whole Foods Market
New CEO activism: business leaders are defending rights by raising awareness & leveraging economic power
Author: Aaron K. Chatterji & Michael W. Toffel, Harvard Business Review (USA)
"The New CEO Activists", January 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and human rights - advances by business
- Related companies: 21st Century Fox Angie's List Apple CNBC (part of Comcast) Disney (see Walt Disney) Hobby Lobby IBM Lyft NBA Netflix New York Times Oracle Salesforce.com Twitter Under Armour
USA: Palantir to pay $1.7 million to settle govt. lawsuit alleging discrimination against Asian job applicants
Author: Sam Levin, Guardian (UK)
"Palantir to pay $1.7m over accusation it discriminates against Asian applicants", 26 Apr 2017...
Author: Jena McGregor, The Washington Post (USA)
“The Cost Of Silence: Why More CEOs Are Speaking Out In The Trump Era”, 21 Feb 2017 ...
Author: The Verge
Silicon Valley CEOs entered the debate over President Donald Trump’s immigration policy this weekend, offering criticisms of the seven-country immigration ban and in some cases outlining plans to support the employees it affects. The responses range in...