Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Nearly 200 CEOs say their companies are committed to delivering value to all stakeholders, not just shareholders
On August 19, 2019, the Business Roundtable (BRT), a lobbying group composed of leading CEOs in the US, released an updated Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation. This statement expresses a fundamental commitment to all stakeholders, including...
Big pharma firms contribute to inequality by avoiding tax, says Oxfam report; incl. companies’ statement
Author: Oxfam America (US)
"Corporations Increasingly Vocal on Social Issues but Still Mostly Lobbying for Lower Taxes" 12 Apr 2018...
- Related stories: USA: Corporations increasingly vocal on social issues but still mostly lobbying for lower taxes - Oxfam America report
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories AbbVie AIG Albertsons Alphabet Amazon.com Amgen Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Apple Archer Daniels Midland Bank of America Berkshire Hathaway Bristol-Myers Squibb Cargill Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola ConocoPhillips Costco Eli Lilly ExxonMobil Facebook Foot Locker Gap General Mills Gilead Sciences Hanesbrands Home Depot HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lowe's Marathon Petroleum Mars McDonald's Merck Metlife Microsoft Mondelēz International Morgan Stanley Nike Oracle PepsiCo Pfizer Phillips 66 Prudential Financial Publix PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Ross Stores State Farm Insurance Target Tyson Valero Energy VF Corp Walgreen Walmart Wells Fargo Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon)
This briefing provides a snapshot overview of allegations of human rights abuses brought against companies in the chemical industry. It was developed in collaboration with the UN Special Rapporteur on the implications for human rights of the...
Author: Desastre (México)
“Estas son las mejores empresas para trabajar si eres LGBT en México”, 6 de diciembre de 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Pasos positivos
- Related companies: Accenture American Express AT&T Berkshire Hathaway Cinépolis Citibanamex (formerly Banamex, part of Citigroup) CompuCom Dow Chemical Edelman EY (Ernst & Young) Ford General Electric Google México (part of Alphabet) Herman Miller IBM JPMorgan Chase Kellogg MasterCard Nielsen PayPal Pemex PepsiCo Pfizer Procter & Gamble SAP Scotiabank Sodexo TE Connectivity The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Uber Unilever
Author: Tory Oliveira, Carta Capital (Brazil)
"Empresas saem do armário e adotam políticas voltadas para LGBTs- Fórum reúne mais de 50 corporações em prol da inclusão. No Brasil, 61% dos funcionários LGBT temem se assumir ", 17 de agosto de 2017...
Author: Sarah Neville, Financial Times (UK)
The UK drugs industry is going to court in an attempt to stop the country’s taxpayer-funded National Health Service from imposing new limits on the price it will pay for medicines. The action follows a government crackdown in April that limits funding...