Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: Responsible Mining Index
"RMI Report 2020", mayo 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Recursos Naturales
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Antofagasta ArcelorMittal Banpu Barrick Gold BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) Bumi Resources China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) Coal India (CIL) Codelco Evraz Exxaro First Quantum Minerals Fortescue Metals Group Freeport-McMoRan Glencore Grupo México Grupo Peñoles Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals) National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) Newcrest Mining Newmont (formerly Newmont Goldcorp) Orano (formerly Areva) Peabody Energy Polymetal International Rio Tinto RUSAL Sibanye-Stillwater Teck Resources Vale Vedanta Resources Zijin
Author: Dr Katie Hepworth, Australasian Centre for Corporate Responsibility (ACCR)
"Labour Hire & Contracting Across the ASX100", 12 May 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Establishing a Modern Slavery Act in Australia
- Related companies: Alumina BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) Charter Hall CIMIC Dexus Downer Group Evolution Mining Fortescue Metals Group Goodman GPT Group Iluka Resources Lend Lease Group Mirvac Newcrest Northern Star Rio Tinto Scentre Stockland Vicinity Whitehaven Coal
Author: Nick Toscano, Brisbane Times
"Mining giants flag virus rules to stay even as restrictions start to ease", 7 May 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
- Related companies: BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) Rio Tinto
China will be increasingly alone in funding overseas coal plants despite promise of green Belt and Road Initiative, experts say
Author: Bloomberg (US)
“China Is Virtually Alone in Backing Africa’s Coal Projects”, 7 May 2020...
- Related stories: China will be increasingly alone in funding overseas coal plants despite promise of green Belt and Road Initiative, experts say
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: Blackstone China Development Bank China Exim China Gezhouba Citigroup General Electric (GE) Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Morgan Stanley Power China International Rio Tinto
Commentary: COVID-19 threatens EITI implementation, but transparency in the extractives sector will be needed in the aftermath of the crisis
Author: Bady Baldé and Joanne Jones, EITI
"Keeping transparency on track", 27 April 2020....
Author: Cecilia Jamasmie, mining.com
"Rio Tinto's top investors face off over emissions cut plan", 5 May 2020....
Papua New Guinea: New report raises allegations of human rights violations by Rio Tinto & Bougainville Copper Ltd in Panguna
A report published by the Human Rights Law Centre raises allegations of unaddressed destruction by Rio Tinto and its subsidiary, Bougainville Copper Limited (BCL), in Panguna, Bougainville, Papua New Guinea involving: (1) the infringement of peoples'...