Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
"As mining companies become more aware of the rapidly falling costs of renewables, wind and solar are set to become a growing trend in powering mining operations worldwide over the coming years, shows a new report from Fitch Solutions. On the back of...
- Related companies: Barrick Gold CAP Codelco Collahuasi (joint venture of Anglo American, Glencore & Japan Collahuasi Resources, part of Mitsui & Co.) Compania Minera Dayton Cronimet Galaxy Resources Glencore Grupo Antofagasta Minerals (part of Grupo Luksic) Grupo México IamGold Industrias Penoles Mandalay Resources Minera Rafaela Nyrstar Ozkoyuncu Madencilik Rio Tinto Rockwood Lithium (part of Albemarle) Sandfire Resources Shanta Gold SNIM (Societe Nationale Industrielle et Miniere) Vale
- Related stories: Rio Tinto’s submission to the Corporate Human Rights Benchmark disclosure platform
- Related companies: Rio Tinto
Author: Facing Finance...
Range of human rights abuses by extractive companies allegedly tied to European financial institutions: companies respond to Facing Finance report
"The global extractives industry is heavily involved in some of the worst labour, environmental and human rights violations. The rights of communities, farmers and indigenous people are being trampled in the push for ever more extraction. Indeed all b...
"Rio Tinto has long-recognised the importance of human rights. We respect and support human rights consistent with the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, wherever we operate. We have our own Human rights policy and procedures and have made...
- Related stories: Range of human rights abuses by extractive companies allegedly tied to European financial institutions: companies respond to Facing Finance report
- This is a response from the following companies: Rio Tinto
UK: Govt. review of transparency rules for oil & mining co's finds extractive reporting does not harm business interests
The UK Government's review of initial reporting by oil, gas and mining companies under the Reports on Payments to Governments Regulations found that the law requiring extractive companies to disclose details of payments to governments for oil and...
Author: Responsible Mining Foundation
…El Responsible Mining Index (RMI) apoya el principio de que los minerales y metales deberían ser beneficiosos para las economías, mejorar la vida de los pueblos y respetar el medio ambiente de los países productores, además de permitir que las...
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Antofagasta Arcelor Mittal Banpu Barrick Gold BHP Billiton Bumi Resources Coal India (CIL) Codelco Evraz Exxaro Freeport-McMoRan Glencore Gold Fields Goldcorp Grupo México Grupo Peñoles Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals) MMC National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) Newcrest Newmont Rio Tinto RUSAL Teck Resources Vale Vedanta Resources Zijin