Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark
Since its inception, the CHRB has been aiming to answer a deceptively simple question; which companies perform best on human rights issues? [...] [T]his document [...] rank[s] 101 of the world’s largest companies in high human-rights-risk sectors and...
- Related stories: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark releases 2018 ranking results on human rights performance of 101 companies
- Related companies: adidas AEON Ahold Delhaize Anadarko Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Archer Daniels Midland Associated British Foods BHP Billiton BP BRF Canadian Natural Resources Carrefour Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coal India (CIL) Coca-Cola Compass Group ConocoPhillips Costco Couche-Tard Danone Devon Energy Diageo Ecopetrol Eni EOG Resources Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Falabella Fast Retailing Freeport-McMoRan Gap Gazprom General Mills Glencore Goldcorp Grupo México H&M Hanesbrands Heilan Home Heineken Hermes Hershey Inditex Kellogg Kering Kohl's Kraft Heinz Kroger Kweichow Moutai Company L Brands, Inc. Lukoil LVMH Macy's Marathon Oil Marks & Spencer McDonald's Mondelēz International Monster Beverage Corporation Nestlé Next Nike Nordstrom Norilsk Nickel Occidental Petroleum ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Phillips 66 Prada PTT Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Ross Stores Sasol Shell Shenhua Group Shoprite Sinopec Starbucks Suncor Surgutneftegas Sysco Tapestry (Formerly Coach) Target Tesco TJX Total Under Armour Unilever Vale Valero Energy VF Corp Walmart Wesfarmers Woolworths Group YUM!
Author: Financial Times
Prada, Starbucks and Kraft Heinz are among companies criticised for a lack of transparency on human rights in their businesses and supply chains, despite pressure from governments and an investor-backed group....
European pension funds call on co's to adopt positions which are in line with goals of the Paris Agreement
Author: Investment & Pensions Europe
"Pension funds challenge European companies on climate lobbying", 29 Oct 2018...
Brazil: Bloomberg affirms that in a Bolsonaro govt getting lawmakers to approve mining in the Amazon may be less difficult
Author: David Biller and R.T. Watson, Bloomberg (USA)
“Bolsonaro’s Love Affair With Mining Aims at the Amazon’s Treasures”, 24 october 2018...
New report looks at reporting progress under the UK Modern Slavery Act; finds need for better enforcement
Author: Ergon Associates
"Modern slavery reporting: Is there evidence of progress?", October 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour
- Related companies: Aldi Alphabet Apple ASOS Associated British Foods Balfour Beatty British American Tobacco Co-operative Group Google (part of Alphabet) Intel InterContinental Hotels John Lewis Partnership Marks & Spencer Marshalls Morrisons Nestlé Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Rio Tinto Sainsbury's Standard Chartered Ted Baker Tesco TSB Walgreen Whistles
"As mining companies become more aware of the rapidly falling costs of renewables, wind and solar are set to become a growing trend in powering mining operations worldwide over the coming years, shows a new report from Fitch Solutions. On the back of...
- Related companies: Barrick Gold CAP Codelco Collahuasi (joint venture of Anglo American, Glencore & Japan Collahuasi Resources, part of Mitsui & Co.) Compania Minera Dayton Cronimet Galaxy Resources Glencore Grupo Antofagasta Minerals (part of Grupo Luksic) Grupo México IamGold Industrias Penoles Mandalay Resources Minera Rafaela Nyrstar Ozkoyuncu Madencilik Rio Tinto Rockwood Lithium (part of Albemarle) Sandfire Resources Shanta Gold SNIM (Societe Nationale Industrielle et Miniere) Vale
- Related stories: Rio Tinto’s submission to the Corporate Human Rights Benchmark disclosure platform
- Related companies: Rio Tinto