Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
In 2017, CHRB launched the first Corporate Human Rights Benchmark, a landmark assessment of the largest public companies in the agricultural products, apparel and extractives industries. In 2018, CHRB will be releasing the follow up benchmark and...
- Related stories: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark launches 2018 Progress Report
- Related companies: adidas AEON Ahold Delhaize Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Associated British Foods BHP Billiton BRF Canadian Natural Resources Carrefour Chevron China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coal India (CIL) Coca-Cola Compass Group ConocoPhillips Costco Danone Devon Energy Diageo Ecopetrol EOG Resources Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Falabella Fast Retailing Freeport-McMoRan Gap Gazprom General Mills Glencore Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) Grupo México Hanesbrands Heilan Home Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Hennes & Mauritz (see H&M) Hermes Hershey Inditex Kellogg Kering Kohl's Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lukoil LVMH Macy's Marathon Petroleum Marks & Spencer McDonald's Monster Beverage Corporation Nestlé Next Nike Nordstrom Norilsk Nickel Occidental Petroleum Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (see ONGC) PepsiCo Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Phillips 66 Prada PTT Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Ross Stores Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Sasol Shoprite Starbucks Suncor Surgutneftegas Sysco Tapestry (Formerly Coach) Target Tesco TJX Total Under Armour Unilever Vale Valero Energy VF Corp Woolworths Group YUM!
This first index covers 30 companies measured based on 73 indicators applied at company level across various thematic areas (namely: economic development, business conduct, lifecycle management, community wellbeing, working conditions, environmental...
Author: Thomson Reuters Foundation
Veronica Cabe still remembers every minute of the more than 12 hours she and her family spent huddled on the roof of their two-storey home in Manila in 2009, as floodwaters swept past, carrying dead bodies, animal carcasses and coffins... In 2015, she...
Australia: Growing support amongst large institutional investors for shareholder & NGO campaigns on climate & human rights
Author: Ruth Williams, The Sydney Morning Herald
"Big investors backed shareholder campaigns on climate, human rights", 23 February 2018...
- Related companies: ABP AMP Group Aviva BHP Billiton BlackRock Colonial First State Commonwealth Bank Deutsche Bank Elliott Management ExxonMobil HSBC Macquarie Bank MLC (part of National Australia Bank) Morgan Stanley Nordea Bank Occidental Petroleum Oil Search Origin Energy QBE Insurance Rio Tinto Santos Schroders State Street Vanguard Wells Fargo Westpac Woolworths Group Australia
Author: Justiça Global e Federação Quilombola do Estado de Minas Gerais N’GOLO (Brazil)
"Mineração e Violações de Direitos: o caso da empresa Kinross em Paracatu (MG)", 11 de dezembro de 2017...
- Related stories: Brasil: ONGs alegam que a mina Morro do Ouro violou direito à terra, ambientais e culturais de quilombolas, inclusive direito à informação; inclui respostas e réplicas das ONGs e da Kinross & Export Development Canada Brazil: NGOs allege that Morro do Ouro gold mine violated land, environmental & cultural rights, including right to FPIC; it includes comments and rejoinder from the NGOs, Kinross & Export Dev. Canada
- Related companies: BHP Billiton Jaguar Mining Rio Tinto Yamana Gold
Author: Antsa R., Midi Madagasikara (Madagascar)
"Ambatovy : Une initiative pour le développement minier durable", 5 février 2018...
- Related companies: Rio Tinto
Author: El Espectador (Colombia)
“100 compañías emiten 71% de los gases responsables del cambio climático”, 15 de diciembre de 2017...
- Related companies: A.P. Moller - Maersk Group Abu Dhabi National Oil Co Adaro Energy Alliance Resource Partners LP Alpha Natural Resources Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Apache Arch Coal Bahrain Petroleum Co (BAPCO) Banpu BHP Billiton BP Bukit Asam (Persero) Bumi Resources Canadian Natural Resources Chesapeake Energy Chevron China Coal Energy (part of China National Coal Group) China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) Cloud Peak Energy CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coal India (CIL) ConocoPhillips Consol Energy Devon Energy Drummond Ecopetrol Egyptian General Petroleum EnCana EOG Resources Equinor (formerly Statoil) Exxaro ExxonMobil Gazprom Glencore Hess Corporation Husky Energy Indika Energy INPEX Iraq National Oil Company KazMunayGas Kideco Jaya Agung Kuwait Petroleum Corporation Lukoil Marathon Oil Murphy Oil Murray Energy NACCO Industries National Iranian Oil Co National Oil Corporation of Libya Natural Resource Partners L.P Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Noble Energy Novatek Occidental Petroleum Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (see ONGC) OMV PDVSA (Petróleos de Venezuela) Peabody Energy Pemex Pertamina Peter Kiewit Sons Petoro AS Petrobras Petroecuador Petroleum Development Oman LLC Petronas Qatar Petroleum Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Russian Coal RWE Sasol Saudi Aramco Singareni Collieries Company Sonangol Sonatrach Southwestern Energy Suncor Surgutneftegas Syrian Petroleum Co Tatneft Teck Resources Total TurkmenGaz Turkmennebit Vistra Energy Westmoreland Coal Co YPF