Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: Ardea International
This report focuses on the jewellery sector. We have included eight of the major jewellers in the UK, namely the Signet Group (and the companies under its control, as listed in the table in this report), Tiffany & Co., Goldsmiths, Links, F. Hinds,...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Modern slavery Natural Resources
- Related companies: Boodle & Dunthorne Cartier (part of Richemont) De Beers Diarough Ernest Jones (part of Signet) Goldsmiths H.Samuel (part of Signet) Kay Jewelers (part of Signet) Leslie Davis (part of Signet) Newmont Richemont Rio Tinto Rosy Blue Signet Jewelers Tiffany Zale (part of Signet)
Australia: Shareholder resolutions call for listed companies to act on social and environmental issues
Author: Ruth Williams, Sydney Morning Herald
"How the new generation of activists corners boards", 14 October 2017...
Author: Adele Ferguson, Sydney Morning Herald
7 October 2017...
Author: Ucilia Wang, Climate Liability News
The Philippines’ Commission on Human Rights is investigating whether the collective contribution to global warming by 47 coal, cement, oil and gas companies has violated Filipinos’ basic rights to life, water, food, sanitation, adequate housing and...
Author: Susanna Rust, International Publishers Limited (UK)
A resolution passed by the European Parliament states that pension funds should commit to divesting from fossil fuels. The relevant passage of the resolution... states that the European Parliament, "calls on governments and public and private financial...
Global firms use carbon pricing to reduce emissions, analyze investments, and evaluate risk & opportunities of low-carbon economy
An internal carbon price is increasingly being used by companies across sectors and geographies to translate the risks and opportunities of a low-carbon economy into business decisions. Approximately 1,200 businesses from around the world are either...
On 17 July 2017, three local governments in California (San Mateo County, Marin County, and the City of Imperial Beach) filed a lawsuit against 37 fossil fuel companies including BP, Chevron, ExxonMobil, Peabody Energy, Shell and Statoil....
Author: Matthew Renda, Courthouse News Services
"With Government Silent, Corporations Price Emissions to Help Fight Climate Change", 13 September 2017...
- Related stories: Global firms use carbon pricing to reduce emissions, analyze investments, and evaluate risk & opportunities of low-carbon economy
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation Positive company initiatives
- Related companies: BHP Billiton BP Disney (see Walt Disney) General Motors Microsoft Rio Tinto Shell Unilever
USA: Flambeau mine, operated under existing regulatory framework, hides contamination of groundwater & stream
Author: Lee Bergquist, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
"Game-changing mine bill pits environmental groups, business interests against each other", 11 September 2017...
- Related companies: Rio Tinto