Related stories and components
Commentary: AI can help strengthen supply chain transparency but also create human rights risks for workers
Author: Emre Eren Korkmaz, OpenGlobalRights
"Artifical intelligence can be a boon for businesses, but can it protect workers?" 17 May 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: Accenture
Author: Afsaneh Rigot, OpenGlobalRights
"Apps and traps: why dating apps must do more to protect LGBTQ communities," 16 May 2018...
Commentary: FIFA & 2026 World Cup winning bidder need to implement human rights standards to prevent digital & labour rights abuses
Author: Peter Micek, OpenGlobalRights
"FIFA 2018: digital rights are (finally) playable," 16 May 2018...
Commentary: How can the business & human rights movement address the human rights risks of emerging technology?
Author: Phil Bloomer & Christen Dobson, OpenGlobalRights
"Addressing the potential human rights risks of the "Fourth Industrial Revolution", 16 May 2018 ...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence Technology and Human Rights: Automation Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom Technology and Human Rights: Gig Economy
- Related companies: Alphabet Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Microsoft
Author: Access Now (USA)
"National digital identity programmes: what’s next?", 21 Mar 2018...
Author: CIVICUS (South Africa)
"CIVICUS: State of Civil Society Report 2018 - Year in Review: Top 10 trends", 06 Mar 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
USA: Crackdown on journalists & activists protesting against infrastructure projects has intensified, commentator says
Author: Zoë Carpenter, The Nation (USA)
"PHOTOS: Since Standing Rock, 56 Bills Have Been Introduced in 30 States to Restrict Protests", 16 Feb 2018...
Leading activist discusses failure of cos. to address adverse impacts of their technologies & inadequacy of non-judicial remedies
Author: Institute for Human Rights and Business (UK)
"Maryam Al-Khawaja on Technology Companies", 18 December 2017...
Author: 7amleh (Israel)
"7amleh publishes innovative research on “Internet Freedoms in Palestine: Mapping of Digital Rights Violations and Threats”", 22 January 2018...