Providing guidance to companies
(Credit: CORE Coalition)
Beyond Compliance: Effective reporting under the modern slavery act, CORE Coaltion, Feb 2016
"A guide to human rights for small and medium-sized enterprises", Directorate-General for Enterprise and Industry, European Commission, developed by Global CSR, Dec 2012
European Commission's guidance for ICT, recruitment and oil & gas sectors, European Commission (prepared by Shift & Institute for Human Rights and Business), Jun 2013
Related stories and components
Business, Human Rights, and Uganda’s Oil - Part II: Protect and Remedy: Implementing State duties under the UN Framework on Business and Human Rights
Author: Gabriella Wass & Chris Musiime, IPIS & ActionAid Uganda
In accordance with the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, this second report assesses the duty of the Ugandan, British, French and Chinese States to prevent, investigate, punish and redress human rights abuse by businesses. Based on...
- Related stories: Report on implementing State duties under the UN Framework on Business & Human Rights for Uganda's oil industry
- Related in-depth areas: African region Chinese investment overseas Civil society recommendations to governments Extractives, including oil and mines General Judicial remedies Labour issues Land Rights & Displacements Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace Latest news on UNGPs Latest news on UNWG Oil & gas Providing guidance to companies State-based
- Related companies: CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Kaweri (part of Neumann Gruppe) Neumann Gruppe Statoil Tullow Oil
[PDF] John Ruggie and Shift comments to Financial Reporting Council's Exposure Draft: Guidance on the Strategic Report
Shift together with its Chair, Professor John Ruggie, welcomes the UK Government’s plan to implement the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and, in this context, its amendments to the UK Companies Act to clarify “that company directors...
Author: Sustentia (Spain) and DIS Foundation (Colombia)
Cuaderno-Guia of the UN guiding principles on business and human rights: Gateway. It is chronologically the last of the documents drawn up by Social innovation Sustentia within the framework of the project "training and dialogue on the framework...
- Related stories: Colombia: Lanzan Cuaderno-Guía de los Principios Rectores de la ONU sobre Empresas y Derechos Humanos en el marco del fortalecimiento de la inclusión del tema en la agenda gubernamental
- Related in-depth areas: Commentaries, recommendations and studies concerning National Action Plans Providing guidance to companies
Germany: Civil Society Position Paper on Business and Human Rights - Expectations of a National Action Plan
Author: CorA-Netzwerk für Unternehmensverantwortung, Forum Menschenrechte, Amnesty International Deutschland, Brot für die Welt – Evangelischer Entwicklungsdienst, European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights (ECCHR), Germanwatch, Misereor, Oxfam Deutschland, ver.di
In October 2011 the European Commission asked member states to draft National Action Plans for the implementation of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. The German government has remained largely inactive in this respect. The CorA...
Author: US Department of State, Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights & Labor
Businesses can have a significant impact on the States in which they operate, and on the lives of billions of people. As businesses cross borders they can find themselves operating in difficult environments with weak governance institutions...The idea...
Author: UK Equality & Human Rights Commission
This guide to ''business and human rights: how human rights can add value to your business'' sets out six key areas that are particularly relevant to smaller businesses. It also sets out a simple model to understand and put in place respect for human...
- Related stories: UK: Equality & Human Rights Commission publishes business & human rights guide for small businesses
- Related in-depth areas: Europe & Central Asia Latest news on UNGPs National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) Providing guidance to companies
- Related companies: John Lewis Partnership Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership)
Author: HumanRights.Gov [USA]
The Business and Human Rights (BHR) team in the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor leads U.S. government efforts to implement the Guiding Principles. The BHR team...[w]orks with the UN Working Group on business and human rights, that was...
- Related in-depth areas: Providing guidance to companies
Author: Directorate-General for Enterprise and Industry, European Commission
This guide has been written for small and medium-sized enterprises in the European Union...There are a growing number of guides to human rights that have been prepared for larger, multinational companies but there are not many resources available for...
- Related stories: EU Commission launches guide to human rights for SMEs at UN Forum on Business & Human Rights European Commission resources on business & human rights - with new resources for small & medium-sized enterprises
- Related in-depth areas: Company-based grievance mechanisms Europe & Central Asia Providing guidance to companies
Author: UK Trade & Investment
Creating growth and prosperity for the UK is at the heart of our foreign policy but as our core values are central to everything we do we need to ensure that success is not achieved at the expense of human rights...The Government is fully committed to...
Author: Federal Department of Foreign Affairs, Switzerland
Some of the world’s largest multinational companies have their headquarters in Switzerland. These companies must respect national legislation in the countries they operate, also in relation to human rights and the environment. Switzerland is committed...