Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Netherlands
Author: Open Global Rights
“Las tecnologías de cadena de bloques aportan una transparencia que podría mejorar las prácticas de derechos humanos”, 24 de enero de 2019...
Canadian govt. releases guidance for private sector support for human rights defenders & civic freedoms
Author: Global Affairs Canada
"CSR Snapshot #7 – Private Sector Support for Human Rights Defenders: A Primer for Canadian Businesses", 04 Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
- Related companies: ABN Amro adidas Airbnb Anglo American Apple Associated British Foods Barrick Gold BMW Cisco Systems Daimler FIFA Goldcorp Leber Jeweler Microsoft Nike Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Tahoe Resources Unilever
Author: The B Team (USA)
Today students all over the world are taking part in #YouthStrike4Climate demanding climate action for their futures. You all have my full support. Thank you for the bravery & passion you show. #FridaysForFuture #GlobalStrike4Climate pic.twitter...
- Related stories: Young people stage global climate strike in 123 countries against climate inaction as CEOs voice their support
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Climate justice Latest news on Children Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Kering Unilever Virgin Group
Young people stage global climate strike in 125 countries against climate inaction as CEOs voice their support
Young people rallied on 15 March to press politicians to act on climate change - the global climate strike took place in over 2000 locations in 125 countries on all continents, including Antarctica. Their message is that "last year’s UN Intergovernmen...
Author: Open For Business (USA)
"Channels of Influence: How Companies Can Promote LGBT+ Inclusive Societies", Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Alibaba.com Amazon.com American Express AT&T Barclays Best Buy BlackRock Brunswick Burberry Danone Deutsche Bank Diageo eBay EY (Ernst & Young) Facebook Godrej & Boyce Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Huawei Technologies IBM Inditex Infosys KPMG LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Marriott MasterCard McKinsey Microsoft MTN Nokia PayPal (part of eBay) PricewaterhouseCoopers Safaricom Shell Standard Chartered Starbucks Tesco The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Unilever Virgin Group Walmart Woolworths Group
Author: Basta! (France)
Samir Flores, leader indigène náhuatl, a été assassiné de deux balles dans la tête le 20 février dernier dans son village natal de l’État de Morelos, au Mexique. Il était l’un des fers de lance de l’opposition à un grand projet, qui prévoit la...
NGOs support claimants' application to appeal to UK Supreme Court against Unilever for its subsidiary’s alleged failure to protect employees from post-electoral violence in Kenya
Following the 2007 post-election violence in Kenya, 200 victims brought a lawsuit in the United Kingdom against Unilever. The complaint argues that the company was allegedly responsible for its subsidiary's failure to protect its employees living and...
Author: Dr. Devi Prasad Shetty, Chairman, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
28 January 2019 ...
- Related stories: India: Civil society raises concerns over censure of IIM Bangalore professor in connection with statements about Hindustan Unilever’s environmental record
- Related in-depth areas: Environment
- This is a response from the following companies: Hindustan Unilever Unilever
Author: Dean Pinkert, James Ton-that & Ravi Soopramanien, OpenGlobalRights
Blockchains are generating excitement across industries due to their potential to improve supply chain transparency. Less well known is their capacity to help companies conform to supply chain integrity commitments required by the United Nations...