Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Netherlands
Author: Gustavo Capdevila, Inter Press Service
An organisation of transnational corporate executives [International Business Council, IBC] urged the United States, European Union and Japan to cede to some of the demands of developing countries -- particularly in regards to agriculture and drugs...
Author: Michael Harrison, Independent [UK]
Cadbury Schweppes, the UK soft drinks and snacks giant, is the European food manufacturer most at risk of being sued by consumers claiming that its products contribute to obesity, according to a research report by JP Morgan...The research lists Hershey...
- Related stories: Food firms to cut levels of hydrogenated vegetable fat amid threat of obesity lawsuits [Cadbury, Nestle, Kellogg, United Biscuits]
- Related companies: Altria Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Coca-Cola J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) PepsiCo Philip Morris USA (part of Altria) Unilever
Author: Greenpeace India
About a dozen activists entered the AGM using proxy forms of sympathetic shareholders and raised questions on what the company intends to do to remediate the damage inflicted by the [now-closed] Thermometer factory upon the environment of the area; the...
Author: Ramola Talwar Badam, Associated Press
Some 1,000 workers employed at a [thermometer] plant operated by the Indian subsidiary of...Unilever have been exposed to mercury-related health risks and should be compensated, environment group Greenpeace said Wednesday. Unilever's Indian subsidiary...
Author: Simon Fraser, BBC News
Unilever, the Anglo-Dutch consumer goods giant, has denied that its policies encourage child labour in India...The report, published by the India Committee of the Netherlands, said Unilever buys hybrid cotton seeds from farmers who pay children a...
Author: Roger Cowe, in Ethical Corporation Magazine
Roger Cowe takes a look at Unilever’s forays into sustainable development -...The research was part of Unilever’s sustainable agriculture project, which includes spinach in Germany, tomatoes in Australia, tea in several countries and peas in the UK....
- Related companies: Unilever
Author: U.N. Global Compact
The following section provides links to the submissions made by participating companies during the voluntary pilot phase of the Global Compact Learning Forum. [submissions by: Aluminium Bahrain, Amazon Caribbean Guyana, Aracruz, BASF, Bayer AG, BMW,...
- Related stories: Policy Note: The Future of the Global Compact Learning Forum
- Related companies: Aracruz Celulose (now Fibria Celulose) BASF Bayer BMW BP BT Cisco Systems DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Deutsche Bank DuPont Equinor (formerly Statoil) Indian Oil Corporation Ketchum Nexen Nike Novartis NTPC Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Rio Tinto SAP Serendip Productions Shell Skanska ST Microelectronics Storebrand Suez UBS Unilever
full report: Child Labour and Trans-National Seed Companies in Hybrid Cotton Seed Production in Andhra Pradesh [India]
Author: Dr. Davuluri Venkateswarlu, Director, Global Research and Consultancy Services, Hyderabad, study commissioned by India Committee of the Netherlands
[refers to Hindustan Lever Ltd. (Unilever subsidiary), Syngenta, Advanta, Monsanto, Mahyco, Proagro]