Orano Group statement
...Please see below our answers to your questions regarding human rights due diligence related to Orano’s operations and/or investments in Russia and/or Ukraine.
- Orano does not invest or operate any industrial or mining activity in Russia or Ukraine. Orano is not established and has no employees in these two countries.
- We have no business with Ukraine. Our business with Russia is very minimal, less than 0.1% of our backlog and around 2% of our trade.
- Historically, Orano has commercial relations with Rosatom, in particular for transport operations. Since the end of February, Orano has suspended all new transport of nuclear material for its own account, whether from or to Russia.
- The French and European authorities have decided on targeted and potentially scalable sanctions. We strictly apply the measures decided by the authorities and will continue to do so.
- Furthermore, for many years Orano has set due diligence process for all its businesses. Since the end of February 2022, Orano has reinforced its due diligence by setting up specific approval processes for all activities involving Russians or Ukrainians stake holders...