Impact & Products
- EXAMPLES OF OUR IMPACT
- WEEKLY UPDATES
- BRIEFING PAPERS
- BIG ISSUES
- MEDIA COVERAGE
1. Examples of our impact
See examples of our impact:
- In this summary of our work in 2021.
- In our 2020/21 annual impact report.
- In this short video covering our work in 2020.
Reach of our work in numbers:
- Our website attracts over 800,000 users each quarter.
- Our company response process encourages companies to address human rights concerns raised by civil society. We seek around 1,000 responses from companies each year.
- Our Weekly Update and other bulletins have over 25,000 subscribers.
- We have over 50,000 followers on our social media channels.
2. Weekly Updates
Our free global Weekly Update sends the top stories on business and human rights to over 15,000 subscribers worldwide, many of whom are opinion-formers. We invite companies to respond to reports that criticise their conduct, and include their responses alongside the original reports. This keeps the Updates balanced, and encourages companies to publicly address human rights concerns being raised by civil society.
Click here to find out more about the Weekly Updates and to sign up
3. Briefing Papers
We use our evidence and analysis to highlight the struggles and advances in business and human rights, and amplify the voices of advocates. See a full list of our briefings papers here
We produce a range of bulletins, click to subscribe:
- Weekly Update on Spanish & French-speaking countries
- Monthly Update on German & Japanese countries plus global issues
- Quarterly Update on African Issues
- Quarterly Update on Chinese Investment Overseas
- Quarterly Update on Corporate Legal Accountability
- KnowTheChain newsletter
5. Big Issues
Our website features portals on Big Issues, which bring together in one place key materials on subjects of particular interest. The following portals are currently available:
Covid-19 - Our in-depth area explores the implications of the outbreak for business and human rights
Natural Resources - The transition to net zero-carbon economies must be just and fair
Technology & Human Rights - The tech transformation brings human rights risks & opportunity
Human Rights Defenders & Civic Freedoms - Cases and action for human rights defenders & civic freedoms
Mandatory Due Diligence - Focusing on the global goal to legally require companies to undertake human rights due diligence
Gender, Business & Human Rights - Applying an intersectional approach is the most powerful way to end harm
Information technology - Freedom of expression, privacy and the right to protest
UN Guiding Principles - Includes implementation tools, and information on the UN Working Group
Labour Rights - Supporting and advancing the labour rights demands of workers in global supply chains
Corporate Legal Accountability - Global resource hub on corporate legal accountability
6. Media coverage
For media coverage of our work, see here.