Monitoring industry responses, government actions and workers' demands
We advance human rights in business. We track over 10,000 companies, and help the vulnerable eradicate abuse.
- Commentary: Uber & other gig companies' business models are designed to escape rule of law
- Kosovo asks Apple Maps to display internationally recognised borders
- Romania fined by EU's top court for failing to observe anti-money laundering rules
- Ukraine: Construction industry's weak labour rights and health & safety standards worsened by lack of regulation & inspections curbed due to COVID-19
- Kenyan tea workers file UN complaint against Unilever over 2007 ethnic violence; Unilever rejects the allegations
Focus on COVID-19
Keep up to date with the Business & Human Rights impact of the Coronavirus pandemic.
We asked construction companies what they are doing to protect workers.
More surveys, benchmarks and tools from the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Cases & responsesPrevious Next
Sign up for our Weekly Updates
Our free Weekly Updates alert you to the top stories and breaking news about business & human rights by email, highlighting positive initiatives and drawing attention to alleged abuses.
Some of the most critical topics to ensure that companies respect and promote human rights throughout their operations.
Corporate Legal Accountability
Concise profiles of lawsuits against companies accused of human rights abuses & commentaries
Pacific Region & Human Rights
Under reported business and human rights issues, allegations of abuse and local voices.
Mandatory Due Diligence
News & thought leadership on momentum towards due diligence laws
Gender and Human Rights
Recognising and valuing the voices and leadership of women in business & human rights
Beyond Social Auditing
What are the solutions and reform options for social auditing?
In business operations and supply chains
Technology and Human Rights
Opportunities and risks for human rights created by new and emerging technologies
What must business do to address the biggest human rights challenge of our time?
Human rights defenders
Track attacks & find tools for positive company action on civic freedoms.
UN Guiding Principles
Includes implementation tools & examples, information on UN Working Group
Chinese investment overseas
Guidance, cases and company responses
Accountability and transparency in the development and use of energy, minerals, land & water