Development, Monitoring & Evaluation Program Officer at EarthRights International
ERI’s Myanmar and Mekong offices will be strengthening fundraising capacity and begin integrating Results Based Management and Monitoring and Evaluation systems into its programs. We are hiring a Development, Monitoring and Evaluation Program Officer to enhance our development program and update our existing Monitoring and Evaluation systems. This position is an exceptional opportunity to lead the redesign of a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) approach and build the resources to support the programs of an award-winning human rights and environmental organization. The successful candidate will work as a team with the Assistant Director of Myanmar and Mekong Programs, and other staff, to design and implement Monitoring and Evaluation. The Program Officer will also work with ERI’s Development Team on proposal writing, reporting and donor relations.
The main job responsibilities include:
- Develop, refine, and implement M&E systems, consistent with international best practices, that (1) strengthen ERI’s ability to achieve its mission, (2) support ERI’s accountability to the communities it serves and its donors, (3) attract new donors, and (4) help generate data that can also build ERI’s evidence base for its campaigns, programs, and publications.
- Integrate Results Based Management and associated M&E with ERI’s existing evaluation systems.
- Support staff in creating Results Based Management logframes during annual work planning and throughout the year, as needed for grant applications.
- Work with staff to refine existing performance targets and indicators, data sources, and collection methods.
- Develop reporting system, including frequency and staff members responsible.
- Collaborate with program staff, students and alumni of EarthRights Schools and other partners to plan, coordinate, and conduct field and desk research to establish baseline and collect appropriate quarterly, semi-annual, and/or annual data.
- Implement systems to ensure the accuracy and quality of reporting and data.
- Train staff, EarthRights Schools students, and other relevant partners on data collection tools and processes.
- Oversee M&E data management, such as coordinating with staff to ensure that data is updated and ensuring the security and confidentiality of data.
- Improve gender mainstreaming into M&E
- Create reports that effectively and clearly analyze and communicate monitoring data to internal and external stakeholders, in a manner that facilitates institutional learning, program improvement, and integration of lessons learned into program planning.
- Collaborate with ERI’s Communications Team staff to bring qualitative and quantitative data to life.
- Coordinate with Asia-based staff to collect and draft content that will be used by the Development Team in proposals and reports.
- Review Asia-based proposals to ensure consistency in messaging and accurate activities.
- Facilitate and track staff interaction with Asia-based funders.
- Respond to internal and external requests for data.
- Ensure timely reporting to donors.
- Design and implement internal evaluations.
The Development, Monitoring & Evaluation Program Officer may also be asked to:
- Implement other Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning tasks as needed and as the program evolves.
- Support other Development Department needs.
- Advise and support EarthRights School alumni in fundraising.
- Contribute to building the capacity of EarthRights’ local partners in M&E.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work and write in English
- Ability to track and meet funder deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience working in a multicultural setting
- Self-motivated, work well in an informal, team-oriented environment and have a sense of humor.
- Monitoring and Evaluation experience and training, ideally in the context of (1) government donor reporting, (2) Results Based Management and logical frameworks (logframes), and/or (3) an advocacy organization.
- Participatory research experience and training, preferably participatory M&E.
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel or other programs to automate the processing of monitoring data.
- Capable of presenting data in graphs, tables, maps, and other visual formats for reports and presentations.
- Grant management experience.
- Knowledgeable of foundation, government, and agency grant funding opportunities, application processes, and the type of program information gathering required to win and sustain grants.
- Language skills in Southeast Asian languages
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- a competitive, non-profit sector, local Thai salary
- benefits, including:
- medical insurance coverage
- paid vacation, sick and personal days
- a casual, and fun, work environment
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email the following to [email protected] with “Monitoring and Evaluation” in the subject line.
- 1-page cover letter
- 1-2 page resume
- 1-5 page writing sample
- 3-5 references with phone numbers and email addresses
Job title: Development, Monitoring & Evaluation Program Officer
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Closing date: 30 November 2015.
Early applications encouraged, as the position may fill earlier than the deadline. EarthRights International (ERI) will continue to accept applications past the deadline if the position is not yet filled