Internship at FIDH
3 months internship at FIDH
Globalisation and Human Rights Desk
Period: December 2014 to February 2015 (starting dates are flexible)
Location: The intern will be based at the headquarters of FIDH Secretariat in Paris.
The intern will participate in the activities of the Globalisation and Human Rights desk such as:
- Monitoring developments in business and human rights issues as well as economic, social and cultural rights issues
- Contributing to the drafting of position papers, advocacy documents, press releases, etc.
- Contribute to the preparation of missions of investigation, including background research, draft letters of meeting requests and other logistical support
- Contributing to preparation of European and/or international events, including NGO meetings, conferences, advocacy events
- Contributing to the update of FIDH's Guide "Corporate Accountability for Human Rights Abuses: A guide for victims and NGOs on recourse mechanisms"
Proofreading, editing, translating publications and internal documents; Contribute to the updating of the website and other communication tools.
- Fluent in English and French – Spanish would be an appreciated asset.
- Masters Degree in Law / International Law/ Human Rights Law / International Relations
- Interest in economic, social and cultural rights and business and human rights issues.
Contract: Full-time internship (35 hours per week) for 3 months.
Closing date: 17 November, 2014
Location: Paris, France
Salary: Stipend of €436 per month