Manager, Reporting Knowledge at GRI
GRI is an international independent organization that has pioneered corporate sustainability reporting since 1997. GRI helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues such as climate change, human rights, corruption and many others.
With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most trusted and widely used standards on sustainability reporting, enabling organizations and their stakeholders to make better decisions based on information that matters. Currently, 27 countries and regions reference GRI in their policies. GRI is built upon a unique multi-stakeholder principle, which ensures the participation and expertise of diverse stakeholders in the development of its standards. GRI’s mission is to empower decision-makers everywhere, through its standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
Our Vision: A future where sustainability is integral to every organization’s decision-making process.
Our Mission: To empower decision makers everywhere through our sustainability standards and multi-stakeholder network, to take action towards a more sustainable economy and world.
GRI seeks an experienced reporting practitioner and subject-matter expert to help build a new Knowledge Unit. In response to demand from the network, GRI has developed a variety of new knowledge-based services such as Corporate Leadership Groups, peer learning round tables, trainings, webinars among others. GRI is building a new Knowledge Unit tasked with providing a constant flow of high quality knowledge products that will support these services. The manager will be a lead figure in identifying priority topics, designing knowledge products, and developing content on reporting topics.
The main aim will be to develop and deliver a series of knowledge assets designed to respond to demand from the network on challenging topics and generally build capacity for better quality reporting based on the G4 Guidelines. The manager will engage with GRI’s network of leaders and practitioners from business, government, investment, civil society, media, labour, academia and others to both capture and disseminate sustainability reporting knowledge.
- Lead GRI’s strategy for content development, including the identification of key topics, knowledge asset design and quality, and action plan for how to ramp up GRI’s collection of knowledge assets
- Develop and deliver knowledge assets
- Two specific projects the manager will lead on in the first year are materiality and supply chain reporting, among other topics and projects
- Researching and tracking key trends, preparing case studies, executive briefings, and training materials, slide decks, reports, and other learning materials
- Managing staff or consultants who are developing knowledge products to ensure ontime, on-budget and high quality content
- Be a champion and spokesperson on key reporting topics both internally and externally through a variety of channels
- Generally deepening and improving GRI’s own internal knowledge base and expertise through trainings and briefings for staff
- Supporting GRI’s services and engagement teams to continuously improve its knowledge-based services, innovate and propose new services
- Contribute to fundraising proposals in support of investment in the GRI Knowledge Unit
- Actively promoting GRI and reporting through speaking engagements and media
- Other duties as requested
- Proven experience in sustainability reporting as the reporting lead or significant contributor in the reporting process for a large or complex organization
- Five to eight years of experience in sustainability preferably in the corporate or consulting environment
- Subject-matter expertise specifically with materiality and supply chain reporting sought, other reporting related topics an asset
- A vision for how GRI can build on the reporting standard to support practitioners in its application with practical knowledge, tools and skills – and how to bring this to life
- Goal- and deadline driven; proven track record to deliver in time against the highest possible quality
- Highly organized with an ability to work independently whilst presenting strong teamwork skills
- Good social skills, friendly and easy to approach working style
- Financial and budgeting capability
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills in English. Other language skills would be an advantage
- Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
- Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI
Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to [email protected]. The deadline to submit an application is 12.00 noon (CET), Friday 14 August 2015. GRI appreciates all expressions of interest, but only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Job title: Manager, Reporting Knowledge
Salary: € 40,000 - € 45,000 per annum
Contract: 40 hours p/w; 1 year initially - extension by mutual consent
Closing date: 14 August 2015