- "Montreux Document – On pertinent international legal obligations and good practices for States related to operations of private military and security companies during armed conflict"
- "Voluntary principles on security & human rights – Interactions between companies and private security"
- [PDF] "Code of Conduct: Tool for Self-Regulation for Private Military and Security Companies"
Author and date: Nils Rosemann, published by Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF), Dec 2008
Codes by business assocations
- "ISOA Code of Conduct”
- Author: International Peace Operations Association
- Author: British Association of Private Security Companies (BAPSC)