Communications and Outreach Officer (60%)
- Location: Geneva, Switzerland
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Contract Type: The position will be offered on a one-year contract which can be renewed dependent on performance and availability of funding
- Closing Date: 21/07/2018
The International Code of Conduct for Private Security Service Providers’ Association (ICoCA), founded in September 2013, is a multi-stakeholder initiative created to promote, govern and oversee the implementation of a Code of Conduct for private security companies that operate in challenging environments. The objective of the Code is to promote increased respect for human rights and humanitarian law and to raise standards of operational conduct throughout the private security industry. The ICoCA’s members include states, members of the private security industry, and civil society organisations. Together, these three ‘pillars’ form the Association’s General Assembly, with each pillar represented equally on the ICoCA’s Board of Directors. The ICoCA Secretariat, based in Geneva, Switzerland, carries out the Association’s principal implementation and oversight functions on behalf of the Board, including certification of member companies, monitoring of their implementation of the Code, and the operation of a complaints mechanism.
The Communication and Outreach Officer will spearhead the Association’s outreach and communications strategy, as well as help to develop and track the Association’s funding base among states and private foundations. The Officer will play a key role in ensuring that the ICoCA is reaching the right audience, using the right media, and will coordinate and manage the development and production of communications materials as well as facilitate opportunities for the Association to liaise with the media, public, Governments, the private sector and potential funders. In this capacity, the incumbent will work closely with the Executive Director, other Secretariat staff, and the Board of Directors.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and implement a media, communications and outreach strategy for the Association;
- Act as the media liaison for the Association, including the management of all media contacts and proposing opportunities for media and public engagement;
- Support the Executive Director, Board of Directors and ICoCA staff in engaging with the public, key constituencies, ICoCA membership and in devising strategic messaging and speaking points;
- Track, monitor and evaluate public events and media reports on the Association, and thematic and geographic areas of identified concern;
- Oversee the creation and distribution of press releases, newsletters and content for fundraising materials;
- Oversee the Association’s website and presence on social media; and
- Develop and execute consistent communication to cultivate and grow donor base.
Location: Principal location is at the ICoCA Secretariat in Geneva, Switzerland, with some travel anticipated.
Start date: ideally beginning of September 2018.
Individuals interested in this opportunity should send a CV and motivation letter to: [email protected].
ICoCA is an equal opportunities employer that considers applications from all qualified candidates
For more details follow the Link to Job.