Israel & Palestine
Related stories and components
Companies accused of profiting from Palestinian deaths through supply of military equipment to Israeli Govt.
Members of London Palestine Action chain themselves to roof of UAV Engines over claims it arms the Israeli army
UAV Engines is alleged to be a subsidiary of Israeli arms company Elbit Systems.
Doing Business in Israel & the Occupied Territories: Human Rights challenges for corporations and Investors
Author: Shane Darcy, Business & Human Rights in Ireland blog
"Ireland issues warning on investing or doing business in Israeli settlements", 22 Jul 2014...
UN Working Group details applicability of Guiding Principles in Israeli settlements within the Occupied Territories
In exercising due diligence, enterprises should familiarise themselves with available information on the human rights impacts of Israeli settlements in the OPT and on the existence or absence of measures taken by Israel as the occupying power to...
- Related stories: UN Working Group statement on business in Israeli settlements
- Related in-depth areas: Israel & Palestine Latest news on conflict & peace Latest news on UNGPs Latest news on UNWG
The [Israeli government] officials discussing the effects of the global boycott against Israel are divided over the potential danger to the state...There are two main contending forces in the debate — the one attempting to play up the danger of the...
Author: Kevin Connolly, BBC News
SodaStream - and Ms Johansson - find themselves caught up in...calls for a boycott of Israeli businesses that trade on the lands that Israel captured in the war of 1967. The fizzy drinks machine-maker has a factory in the industrial zone of Maale...
Author: Amena Saleem, Electronic Intifada
John Lewis Partnership...[John Lewis & Waitrose] is a major carrier of SodaStream...which has its main factory in the Mishor Adumim industrial sector of the illegal Israeli settlement of Maale Adumim. In 2013, the Palestine Solidarity Campaign UK....
- Related stories: Israel & Palestine: NGOs protest against John Lewis Partnership for selling SodaStream amid boycott over alleges ties with Israeli settlements; includes company comments
- Related in-depth areas: Food & beverage Israel & Palestine Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: G4S John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) John Lewis Partnership SodaStream Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership)
Author: Barak Ravid, Haaretz
PGGM...has decided to withdraw all its investments from Israel’s five largest banks because they have branches in the West Bank and/or are involved in financing construction in the settlements. [PGGM informed] Bank Hapoalim, Bank Leumi, Bank Mizrahi...
- Related stories: Israel & Palestine: Dutch pension fund to withdraw investments from Israel's 5 largest banks over intl. law "problem" due to ties with settlements in West Bank; includes companies comments
- Related in-depth areas: Finance Israel & Palestine Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: Bank Hapoalim Israel Discount Bank
Author: Jim Armitage, Independent (UK)
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited G4S to respond. G4S said that "due to the nature of the situation, it is unable to go into detail at this time" and referred us to its statement of April 2012 about its operations in West Bank] G4S....
- Related stories: OECD to examine G4S' alleged supply of surveillance kit to Israeli security services at checkpoints in Palestine
- Related in-depth areas: Israel & Palestine Latest news on conflict & peace Private military & security companies
- Related companies: G4S